Anybody else mowing grass every day?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anybody else mowing grass every day? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody else mowing grass every day?

Post by 75X11 on Mon May 13, 2013 4:24 pm

That's quite a load!
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Anybody else mowing grass every day? - Page 2 Empty Re: Anybody else mowing grass every day?

Post by oldgoaly on Tue May 14, 2013 12:23 am

my old neighbor would bale my one area, but since I'm keeping bees, I only mow part of it at a time so I have clover for them. I have a small kubota replaced my 318 John Deere. We had a few sheep to trim things, even a goat for a garbage disposal (my UPS driver fell out his truck and laughed his butt off when he saw Mr. Bill (Billy T Goat)
I planted 200+ trees needed some place to hang antennas! One field day we put a delta loop around the barn, once we got it "fixed" we worked the world!!! now that much wire would cost a bundle! Trees do keep it a little cooler in the summer, places for the birds, and firewood, lots of firewood! Will be here 30 years in August.
oldgoaly
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2013 8:40 am

75X11 wrote:That's quite a load!

Approx. 3. 5 tons on the truck with another 2.5 on the trailer, and that's just the first load!

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue May 14, 2013 1:39 pm

That is quite a load but I'm not sure it comes under the thread heading. I'm getting ready to go out right now. I'll have to set the wheels a little higher because of the height, and I mowed only last week. But of course we had rain all last week.
One thing I am thankful for is that this year, for a change, the temperature didn't jump from 32 to 82 overnight. In fact we've had a very nice and long spring.

What I hate is using a weed trimmer in shorts.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue May 14, 2013 2:00 pm

That is quite a load but I'm not sure it comes under the thread heading.

grass is grass! lol!

What I hate is using a weed trimmer in shorts.

Now that would be dangerous!!!! Wear goggles, heavy clothing, and shoes!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue May 14, 2013 3:43 pm

This conversation is getting pretty heavy..................... Embarassed

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue May 14, 2013 4:01 pm

Right-
I have goggles but they don't fit over my glasses. I have no work clothes or jeans that I can get grass on, (I only have two pair, casual and other than casual). My only pair of shoes, other than dress shoes, are from WalMart for $20 and I can't get grass on those either. I wear an old pair of boat shoes I bought the last time I was in Florida.
Believe me, I'm not trying to give a sarcastic answer-just saying that this is my life and what I have to work with-or don't work at all, which is not an option. And yes, I have a sore on my leg from last week.
I had to stop mowing and leave the trimming to another day because my hands hurt so much I can barely hold anything.

I really do appreciate the comments though. It shows that you care and that's part of what belonging to this this clubhouse is all about.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 14, 2013 4:49 pm

I think this is a good subject as it is something most of us have to do. I don't enjoy yard work, I do like a neat yard and this is the way I can afford to get it. I also agree that hay is grass, big though it is. I have a rather large back yard that takes 3 hrs. with my walk behind electric. I restored a 1946 Motorola radio-phono console for my neighbor for the price of parts. He has since mowed my backyard with his riding mower. That has been a relief during the last couple of hot summers.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue May 14, 2013 6:11 pm

I actually find yard work extremely satisfying, although I don't have that much to do. I enjoy having my yard look as good as any other on the block. I even planted Wisteria which looked really pretty and colorful until the hail knocked them down. As soon as I can get out from under my utility bills I hope to plant some more stuff, like smelly roses and tomatoes, although I think I'll have to find some plants pretty far along for them to succeed.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue May 14, 2013 7:36 pm

I dislike getting grass in my socks and shoes when I use the weedeater. So I use it wearing shorts, and barefooted. Then just go over to the hydrant and wash my legs and feet before I go into the house. There are no grass clippings tracked into the house, and my socks are not permanently green. Once in awhile something will be thrown by the machinery that draws blood, but the effects are temporary. I refuse to wear goggles. They get sweat on them and slide off my nose.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue May 14, 2013 7:53 pm

"it's a clean machine"
The Beatles

Anybody else mowing grass every day? - Page 2 L

Anybody else mowing grass every day? - Page 2 L

The extension cord is 150 feet. I spend more time winding it up than I do mowing. Wink
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 14, 2013 8:22 pm

I use a cord reel. It saves a lot of time. This is the type of mower I use. http://www.mowerwizard.com/images/black-and-decker-mm575-electric-lawn-mower-21482288.jpg
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue May 14, 2013 10:48 pm

75X11 wrote:I use a cord reel. It saves a lot of time. This is the type of mower I use. http://www.mowerwizard.com/images/black-and-decker-mm575-electric-lawn-mower-21482288.jpg

That's a newer version. however mine has a flip over handle, which is REALLY cool.
And a cord reel would be nice, but I can't afford one so I just wind it around the handle.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

Here are a couple of hints about yard work-
Hint #1 Passing out after being In the sun too long is not nearly as much fun as it sounds.

Hint #2 Gatorade and salted peanuts work miracles.

P.S. This is just a comment in this thread. Please don't post a bunch of negative stuff-You're too late. My dog already told me.
drunken
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Tue May 21, 2013 9:24 pm

I handed down my Ryobi weed trimmer to my neighbor and set up my new Troy Bilt trimmer. Both are essentially the same units, but my new one is red to match my exposed parts after a all day session with the yard cutting and car washing. One thing I tried as my hands were cramping too much for the clippers to get the grass around the cactus and iris: My electric hedge clippers. They trimmed around them nicely. Each has spots too deep and narrow for the string trimmer.
75X11
75X11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum