Ipod Nano battery replacement

Go down

Ipod Nano battery replacement Empty Ipod Nano battery replacement

Post by tuberadiogeek on Tue May 07, 2013 1:54 am

I have a 5th gen Nano that may need a battery in the near future. I was wandering if anyone here or if anyone knows a site or reliable safe source to replace the battery in it? I looked at a video on youtube on how to replace it but there is no way i am skilled enough to do it.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Ipod Nano battery replacement Empty Re: Ipod Nano battery replacement

Post by willy3486 on Tue May 07, 2013 8:44 am

for just parts on items like this I have got stuff from
http://www.ifixit.com/
And the one I have used recently and really like is
http://www.etechparts.com/

I am not sure if these two fix them but if not they may could recommend someone.

Now to fix it you might check
http://www.blueraventechnology.com/

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Tue May 07, 2013 11:04 pm

Thanks, but none offer services to repair. I'm sure i could do it, but i'm not good with small parts and sensitive PC boards. I found a few sites that do it, but i dont know if they trustworthy even though one was apple certified. I just dont want to pay more then about 40.00 to get it fixed, bc if i put much more into its starting to exceed its value. I have seen refurbed and brand new ones go for as high as 200.00 which is crazy since a new 7th gen is only 150.00.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed May 08, 2013 8:29 am

Bllueraven does repair items inhouse. They keep badgering me about having stuff fixed. The thing on Apple is that everything about them is overpriced. So there is not really any bargains out there on the repairs. We had a Apple rep come to work one day giving us the Apple is great speech and he went into a tirade about how Ipads couldn't be repaired by anyone but apple. after a few minutes I just started laughing at him. He asked what was so funny and I said I repair them everyday. He said you can't do that and I said I do. Check on Apples website and look around. They do have a service where they take your old one in and send you a refurbished one. As far as apple they will be high and its hard to find a bargain on them.

On a lot of stuff I just look for other brands. I bought a no name music player that uses AAA batteries for 20 bucks. Every once in a while I just replace the battery. A simple cover and easy to change. I have had it about 5 years and no issues. If it dies? who cares it was only 20 bucks. I have had 2 or 3 ipods that didn't last over a year or two. Don't get me wrong, I love the OS they have for the most part but a lot of their stuff is not easy to fix. The Ipads,new laptops, and imacs mostly are held together with tape.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Wed May 08, 2013 2:08 pm

I was meaning that blue raven didnt do ipods. I know most apple stuff is overpriced, but i also know most of there products are better then there competitors products. I have a friend who swears by apple products. Once he got his first macbook,mac pro and iphone, he will not buy any other brand products of them types. I've had a few low end mp3 players in the past but they all have been stolen.. its sad but the truth. Some were OK and some were crap. I figured it was going to cost me 35-45.00 for a decent mp3/mp4 player, so i might as well spend a bit more and get an ipod. I hate AAA mp3 players, as most batteries last maybe 2 hours, and at that rate i'll go through a 4 pack in a few hours. I'm keeping my ipod put away when not in use. I dont think apple will provide repair of older products, as they will likely tell you to send it to a third party repair facility. I believe they will even send some things to a third party repair facility once it breaks under an extended warranty but i'm not certain. This one is a little less then 3 years old. Luckily i dont think it will need a battery for awhile. I was finally able to put it under a test, by letting it play awhile. I let it play hooked to my stereo for almost 6 hours and only lost around 1/4 of the battery. Apple claims 24 hours of music playback, if i see that much time only time will tell.
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down