What did you watch on your old TV when it was new?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What did you watch on your old TV when it was new? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you watch on your old TV when it was new?

Post by 75X11 on Fri May 03, 2013 9:25 pm

They run the flying nun and gidget back to back on Antenna TV.

How about the invaders with Roy Thinnes. Anyone remember how you could tell an invader from we humans?
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

What did you watch on your old TV when it was new? - Page 2 Empty Re: What did you watch on your old TV when it was new?

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat May 04, 2013 12:31 am

Never saw that one, and, unfortunately, I don't get Antenna TV.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4454
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by mikehall on Sat May 04, 2013 1:25 am

Anybody remember Phil Silvers in "Sgt. Bilko" ??

Mike

mikehall

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2012-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat May 04, 2013 7:59 am

mikehall wrote:Anybody remember Phil Silvers in "Sgt. Bilko" ??

Mike

Yes I do! It was a great show, a short time later we had McHales navy;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0055689/

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat May 04, 2013 9:06 am

I have McHale's Navy on dvd, and, Me tv shows The Phil Silvers show on Sunday mornings................
Great shows........
Just a week ago they had the Phil Silvers one where Sgt. Bilko held an auction, and, was trying to sell a non playing tv. It was the famous 1949 3" Pilot tv.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Sat May 04, 2013 12:34 pm

Tim Conway is an extremely funny man. I cannot watch him without laughing my arse off, and I'm not a real big laugher. The outtakes I've seen from CB showed he had the same effect on the cast. I always think of him with Carol Burnett but he had a wonderful start in McHales Navy. My maternal grandmother was in Vaudeville and performed with Carl Ballantine, the chap playing "Gruber" on that show.

I left the US in 1970 and did not return for a little over six years. When I left, Gomer Pyle was the top show. The first show I saw when I returned was All in the Family and I was amazed at the change.

And then there was "Green Acres". Eva Gabor and Eddie Albert had some great "off-color double-entendres". I was shocked they got some through the censors. I didn't really notice this when I first viewed it but when someone pointed out a couple to me I began watching reruns. Haney's snake-oil salesman role was classic.

TonyM

DancingBear
DancingBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Doug Burskey on Sun May 05, 2013 7:37 am

I remember seeing the NBC peacock for the first time in color. Now that was cool to a 8-9 year old kid. If I'm thinking rite RCA was a one of the sponsors for Disney's Wonderful World Of Color.

Doug Burskey

Number of posts : 221
Registration date : 2011-06-22

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:54 am

You are. RCA and Eastman Kodak were 2. Then there was always a trailer at the end of the program for whatever movie Disney Had in release at the time.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4468
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun May 05, 2013 5:29 pm

"The wonderful world of COLOR!!!!"
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Sun May 05, 2013 6:29 pm

It's not a show but setting up convergence on an old Magnavox was a lot easier using that channel with the test pattern on it. Where did that go?
TonyM
DancingBear
DancingBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2