Todays finds

Go down

Todays finds Empty Todays finds

Post by willy3486 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:38 pm

As promised here is my finds. Here is the parts radio, its been a long day but I think its a philco. I have one almost like it and I believe I can piece it together with another to make one nice one, then have a few spare parts.

Todays finds HPIM8068_zps19b97870

Here are some books and magazines. The box is full of electronics world and radio electronics. They are from about the mid 60s to the mid 70s. Then the blue book is a book on Crosley. The interesting thing is the book looks to be the original one that the books were published from. It has the pictures glued inside it and it was typed instead of printed. It also has a library of congress number. Then I got a old Audels radio book. I saw it and really wanted it. I also got a 40s radio news book.

Todays finds HPIM8063_zps2f8f1a26

I also got a Heathkit signal Generator.

Todays finds HPIM8059_zpse7d74548

Here are a couple of other radios. The Temple on the left is mine and the one on the right is my wifes. She wanted it for the guest bedroom. It will fit in. I will have to check it out soon for her.

Todays finds HPIM8057_zps356c43b0

Here is a RCA that works but needs to be gone through. I got this from Radio pup. She talked me into it before I ever went to the meet. I like the RCA radios.

Todays finds HPIM8054_zps5eea4679

I got the dial cover on this radio from Radio pup as well. I needed one and she bought one on ebay. the person had a bunch of parts and I told her I would buy it. It looks good and fits good. Its a repo but thats fine.

Todays finds HPIM8052_zps5d591ca6

Here is the big ticket item. I got this from Ron and I am well pleased with it. I wanted a early TV and he had this one. Its the oldest TV I have had. It is a 49 philco. I have most of the sams folders but the one this is in. Oh well another quest.

Todays finds HPIM8055_zps5fcc9351

Well thats my loot from today. I expected to spend all I had but I lucked out. I still have some left to go into my stash for the next meet.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Todays finds Empty Re: Todays finds

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:28 pm

That Philco TV looks mighty fine in your work area!

Your first "find" (above) is indeed a Philco, a 40-155.

Nice to chat with you today and I hope you enjoy the TV!

I exercised a tremendous amount of restraint today and bought no radios. Well, I did but a Philco 610B empty cabinet, and a Heathkit VTVM in the club auction. I'm just glad that I was able to sell all but four of the radios I took to the meet.
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:30 pm

You have some really nice finds, hope you enjoy them! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks for the replies. We missed you there Mezlaw. It was a huge event. I hope it stays this big. Anymore I really don't want more radios but I do happen to find a few. The first one I knew was similar to one I already have. I may check it out to see if it would be worth fixing. I haven't done anything with either radio yet.

I will enjoy the TV. It brings back good memories of this old repairman I knew as a kid. He had a 100x200 building full of old items. Some of them were like this TV or similar. He probably had 200 to 300 TVs in that old building. The Dumont that has the fancy face I will probably look at first. I have my philco 70 that I bought the dial cover I will fix first. It is on the bench now so its in the process of being worked on. Then I will fix the dumont.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:32 pm

I would have loved to make it, but I've been spending the last few days getting ready for the "Spring Carlisle Events" in Carlisle Pennsylvania. This is supposed to be the bigest spring auto event on the east coast.

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 2:39 pm

I don't blame you Mezlaw. I like the Nashville meet but I would love to go to one of these huge events like Carlisie. I would save my cash for advertising stuff, original parts cabinets,tools and junk parts over radios. I mainly now just try to find radio types I don't have. The only problem is there is not many I do not have. At this time the only style I don't have is a breadboard type from the 20s. But I do have some original plans so I can make one.

This meet had a lot of parts. It also had a few junkers. But if the the junker is complete for me it becomes a new challenge so I don't junk it. Oh well. If I had the cash and a way to haul it I would try to go to the old TV shop posted here recently and try to get all I could. I would love to find a old TV shop close to me to buy all the stuff. I have done that in the past but didn't think much of the advertising stuff. I wish I had now.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:45 pm

Mezlaw,
I've been to Spring Carlisle a couple of times, went to Fall Hershey for a good 20 years. There is a trick to getting thru these type of swap meets, Carlisle is more post war parts so if your looking for 03 Cadillac stuff, going have to look hard. Knowing the decade parts boxes were made, save lots of time! Guys who sell Chevy stuff will be high on Chevy parts but you get better deals on Ford stuff! The worst part of the swap meets is parking and the distance you are away! I've used a shop made wagon with wheelbarrow wheels to carry stuff, water/lunch in lathes, wheels, tons of stuff out. I carried a spare as I was getting flats, wore the tires down the much! Good luck! oh what kind of car/truck/bike are you working on? one more thing make a list with part numbers! take lots of cash too! I have a long story about letting the wife keep the cash, missing out on a rare part, dang it was bought by two guys on a French-Canadian soap-opera....... it took 10-12 yrs to find another!
oldgoaly
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:06 pm

Carlisle is for autos, I forgot and was half asleep when reading mezlaws post. Long weekend.. I was thinking of the meet for radios in PA.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Apr 21, 2013 6:37 pm

Yes, Spring Carlisle is for cars!

I know all the "tricks," I'm one of the vendors! LOL lol!

Thanks for the heads-up anyway oldgoaly. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Nice load O' loot!
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content