Music City meet

Go down

Music City meet  Empty Music City meet

Post by willy3486 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:07 pm

All I can say is WOW. If you were close and missed it you missed a great meet. The place was packed with vendors. I always say I am not going to buy radios but I did. One was for my wife as she liked it and one was a parts radio. I also got a 1949 Philco. I was wanting one and he had this 900 pound TV. It was huge. It was a 49-1002 if I remember. I got home and wouldn't you know it the sams is 91 and my set starts at 92. No problem as I will probably not work on it until at least this winter.

It looked to be packed with double what I usually see there. I got my usual radio from Kelton and got a radio from radiopup. She talked me into it before I ever saw it. I also got to meet Ron and his wife. They are two of the nicest folks you will ever meet. I also got to talk with Ben and his wife,nice folks as well. I hope he enjoyed it. I didn't stay the whole time as my wife was out in the car so I hated to leave her there. She was in the hospital a while back and I was afraid she was getting tired. They had losts of items. It seemed like there were more parts this time. And talk about a small world I got to meet Richard who has the nostalgia air. Come to find out he lives less than 30 minutes from me. So I had a great time, bought about 4 radios, a TV, some parts I needed and lots of books and magizines.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Music City meet  Empty Re: Music City meet

Post by simplex1040 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:08 pm

So that was you hauling that 9000lb tv from Ron.

i bought some tubes, an RCA 5T tombstone

and a Atwater Kent 44 metal coffin radio fixer upper.

Music City meet  RCA_zps2897323c

The RCA ready for the ride home.

I think they said it was the biggest swap meet we have had. 22 vendors and a lot of folks.
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:44 pm

Come on Willy where are the pics!!! I'm clad I don't collect TV's!!!! I had to handle a Sun MMT today maybe a 100 lbs plenty heavy!!!!
oldgoaly
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:33 pm

oldgoaly wrote:Come on Willy where are the pics!!! I'm clad I don't collect TV's!!!! I had to handle a Sun MMT today maybe a 100 lbs plenty heavy!!!!

Soon my friend, soon. I would have had some up but my wife got under the weather so I haven't posted yet. Yep that was me with the TV. I was trying not to hit anyone with it. That sucker was heavier and bigger than I wanted but here where I live I didn't expect to find another. And I wanted to get it so Ron wouldn't have to haul it back. I think I will wait until this winter to hire a crane to put it on my bench. I use to have a few of the old 15 to 21 inch B+W zeniths that was all tubes and all metal case/chassis that weighted about as much as this one. It has grown on me, I like it. I will really like it but the only thing I was afraid of getting it was the flyback and the picture tube. But hopefully if they are bad I can find one. I really enjoy these meets. A lot of good folks there. I am not sure if I saw you Simplex1040. I think I did see the atwater kent, was it towards the stage on the floor? If so I saw it. I am glad my wife got the one she got. I think it was a dumont. The last meet we got her a repo radio. She also got some lamps there. As far as the meet it was the biggest I have been to. I almost went to the first one around 92. It was in Lebanon. I heard it was big.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:48 pm

The atwater kent was ron's so he prob had it at his table.
I saw you with TV but did not know it was you at the time.

lot of good bargains in the auction but I have neither the room or enough cash to buy much.

simplex1040
simplex1040

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Sun Apr 21, 2013 7:47 pm

Hey Willy.....I really enjoyed the meet a well as meeting you and your wife. Met Ron as well and Mark Palmquist. All great folks. I brought home 12 radios. Prices were good and met lots of really nice folks. Looking forward to the meet in the fall already. Even my wife enjoyed it....that is always a plus.
Ben Delk
Ben Delk

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:32 pm

Ben Delk wrote:Hey Willy.....I really enjoyed the meet a well as meeting you and your wife. Met Ron as well and Mark Palmquist. All great folks. I brought home 12 radios. Prices were good and met lots of really nice folks. Looking forward to the meet in the fall already. Even my wife enjoyed it....that is always a plus.

Get your wife into buying stuff.The last meet we had I got my wife a repo radio. It was a copy of a original that has a flower vase on the speaker grill. Then this time she picked out a belmont Kelton had. I was looking a a couple he had and he said a price on one and the one she wanted and we got the two. Then we got a couple of knobs from radiopup for the belmont. She also found two lights we got. She may get the bug as well and start finding them for rooms in your house. I think almost every room in our house has at least one tube device.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:34 pm

I normally take several pictures at meets, but I was so busy trying to peddle my wares this time that I didn't get to. However, I did take a few photos of our three Shocked tables - you will see Debbie in most of these photos:

Music City meet  Image00001-5_zps53c08f17

Music City meet  Image00002-4_zps5ebadc95

Music City meet  Image00003-4_zps95053831

Music City meet  Image00004-2_zpse6a22c1b

Hopefully the radios around the Philco TV will give some perspective as to how huge this TV is! And I can't say that it weighs as much as it appears, because it weighs more than it appears!
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:52 pm

Hwy I see an AK that came home with me.
simplex1040
simplex1040