Graduations, that time of year again

Go down

Graduations, that time of year again Empty Graduations, that time of year again

Post by scottb on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:15 pm

As we get older, most all of our friends kids have graduated High School or college. Last year we had 27 graduation invitations from people we hardly know or have not had contact with for over 10 years. Wife always feels obligated to send a card with a fresh 10 dollar bill.
We are already getting invitations, same thing only now we are looking at almost 20 years with no contact.
When my kids graduated it was family and close friends.
This year is going to be different, we are trying to decide sending cards with no money or just toss them.
This year, my wife agrees, that it is getting out of hand. I am so tempted to send an RSVP to the people we have not heard from in 20 years that are over 1500 miles away, we will be there, checked and all hotels are full that weekend, we hope there is no problem putting us and our 2 labs up for the night, see you soon!!!!
OK I am done with my rant!!

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Graduations, that time of year again Empty Re: Graduations, that time of year again

Post by Ron Pond on Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:33 am

This "tradition" is alien to me.

Why does anybody who graduates High School deserve money, much less a card?

Ron.
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Graduations, that time of year again Empty Re: Graduations, that time of year again

Post by 75X11 on Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:33 pm

My parents gave me a wallet, my uncle gave me a shaving kit, and the Army gave me a bus ticket, a set of orders and a job. I was satisfied.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down