Lots of parts free?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Lots of parts free?

Post by shaper on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:09 pm

I have been given the job of removing "everything" from my deceased neighbors TV repair shop.
I talked to the widow today and she agrees to my plan. I will start off with his books, of which there are many. Some of the magazine titles are, Popular Science, Electronic Servicing and Tech. Simiconductor Reference Handbook, Popular Electronics, Electronics Now. and others. Starting from 1962 there are hundreds of them. I will arrange them by year and will offer them in one year package. There will be no price, you pay the shipping, you get the books. When all of the magazines are gone we will go with the hard cover books. Then to the electronic items. I have to be up front with you, I am electronic challenged, so don't laugh at me when I come up with the wrong name of something.
Some of the big items are, Seco Electronics corp. model 1100 tube tester, Sweep signal generator,Tele Matic Digital Generator, B&K model 1077B TV analyst, NLS model MS-5 miniscope, B&K precision 470 crt tester/rejuvenator, Tektronix type RM529 waveform monitor. There are other items I haven't had time to look at yet. There are so many schematics I can't count them.
So, I need some feedback on this plan and anything else to help in removing these items.
Shaper

shaper

Number of posts: 6
Registration date: 2013-04-12

Back to top Go down

Re: Lots of parts free?

Post by MEZLAW on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:07 pm

Where are you located? It might be worth a trip.

MEZLAW
Admin
Admin

Number of posts: 2773
Registration date: 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 pm

You should be able to sell them here and then put the rest on Ebay. I think you will be surprised at how much money you can get for the stuff. Maybe a commission for your time and the rest of the money going to the widow. JMO

N7ZAL

Number of posts: 499
Registration date: 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:05 pm

I second it on the location. I would help you if I was close. Also if we knew where you were at we could put you in touch with a radio club if it were around you.

willy3486

Number of posts: 919
Registration date: 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by shaper on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:35 pm

I'm located in Summerville Georgia, about 40 miles south of Chattanooga Tenn.

shaper

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:33 pm

I suggested Pat aka Shaper post here, I met Pat 10-12 years ago and have been a long distance friend since. He is a good man and is doing something good for a friend.

oldgoaly

Number of posts: 104
Registration date: 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:48 pm

Thanks Oldgoaly! I wish he was about 40 miles northwest of Chattanooga then I would be a lot closer. That sounds like it would be about 3 hours from me. I would love to go down there. Shaper would you care if I advertise this info a little? I thought I might post it over at facebook and videokarma. If you want me to I can do that and then if you PM me your email I will forward to anyone that is interested. If you have any thing from the shop like signs and advertising stuff let me know. I am setting up a museum in my shop dedicated to TV shops.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by shaper on Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:21 pm

Hi TT. thanks for the good words.
Willy3486, For right now, I would rather keep it in this group. I do have a powder coating shop to keep up with. Later if this doesn't work we can expand, although I am not fond of ebay or facebook. As for advertising material, I have seen some old catalogs from electronic parts companies, is this what you are looking for?
At this time I still do not know the full extent of what is in his shop, there are areas that I cannot reach yet. If someone could come to look it over it would be a pluss for everyone.

shaper

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:00 pm

Pat,
Those words you earned by being a good person to everyone, so many are so selfish or better than everyone else! You are as kind to me as you would be to Willy not to mention our buddy David! As you can tell the people here are good too! so hopefully you can work something out for the good of all involved.

oldgoaly

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:19 pm

I am not fond of ebay or facebook.

Certainly understand that view, especially with FB. However, you can make a lot of money using Ebay, and I've done it by just absorbing the fact that I'm dancing with the devil. Wink Wink

N7ZAL

Number of posts: 499
Registration date: 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by shaper on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:12 am

Let me say something about this. I am not into this for the money. If I tell someone the shipping cost for his choice of books is $7.00 and he drops a $10.00 bill in an envelope and says keep the change I'm not going to make a fuss about it. But I am not going to expect it. Here is a thought. Why not set it up so this web site can get the money from the purchasing member. Honestly guys, I don't want the money, well, just enough for the shipping cost for each item will be enough. My neighbor spent a life time collecting these items and I don't want to cash in his things just because he is no longer here. I want to see them being used.

shaper

Back to top Go down

Post by MEZLAW on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:27 am

Why not set it up so this web site can get the money from the purchasing member

That is a wonderful idea, you are a true gentleman! Smile

MEZLAW
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:44 pm

here are a couple of pics Pat sent to me of the commercial tube tester. Very Happy

It is made by Seco Electronics. model 1100 s.n. A000703

Last edited by oldgoaly on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : add maker name and model)

oldgoaly

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:51 am

I picked up one of these Seco testers and I ran across this post. I was wondering whatever happened to these items.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by MEZLAW on Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:32 am

The original poster (shaper) has not been logged in since May 3, 2013. I have no idea what happened to him or all this equipment.

MEZLAW
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top