Nashville swap meet

Go down

Nashville swap meet

Post by Ben Delk on Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:41 am

I have never been to one of this swap meets. Seems they are always too far to make it worth my time and expence. I am giving serious consideration to this one since it is only 3 1/2 hour from home. Does this meet usally bring in lots of seller? It would be nice to put some faces with some of the name on this forum as well.
Ben Delk

Number of posts : 443
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Nashville swap meet

Post by willy3486 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:35 am

I will be there. I haven't missed one of the main Nashville meets since I started back into radios. It has stuff depending on what you want. Maybe about 1/3 of the stuff is restored items. Then you have parts there somewhat. Radio pup who has lots of knobs will be there so if you need a knob she will probably have it. Kelton also has knobs and radios to restore. I usually find a great radio from him. Then you have the vendors I like that has stuff to restore. I have paid as little as 3 bucks for a radio and as much as 30. Its not as big as some out there but its nice. I gave up buying locally I never seem to find stuff.

So I go to this meet and buy stuff. I usually try to find advertising items, parts I need,books and just junk. But I do manage to bring home usually 3-6 radios I don't need. I live about 1 1/2 hours away so we usually get a room the night before. As far as vendors don't hold me to this but I am guessing 3 of the walls of the room there is 4 to 5 vendors that have their stuff on folding tables. Then on the front wall there is the area where the contests is and there are usually a couple setup there as well. Then usually there are a few that are selling in the center of the room as well. Someone correct me but I am guessing maybe 20 or more tables?

I have never went when I didn't find at least 20 things to buy. This time there will be a collector there selling his stuff and also Ron is bringing in a load as well. I hope to buy a item or two from Ron if my cash holds out. I will need to find a few items first. Check out the photos over at http://www.musiccityvintageradio.org/ There are quite a few of us here that will be there. I am the guy that looks like Steven King the writer. But I plan on getting a haircut so I may not look exactly like him.

If you want to have a good time try it out. My wife is looking forward to it as we get away from home the night before. Then we go to a few stores for her while I think of the goodies I just got. So it works out good for us. I think you would like it.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1420
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:24 am

Excellent.....I need to pick up a few project for the spring and summer and could use some odds and ends as well. How long does it usually take to take in the swap meet?
Ben Delk

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:17 pm

It depends on you. I have been through the tables in 30 minutes or less. But then I go around a few more times to see what I missed. If you go through it and take your time a hour would get you through it . But I usually chat a while as well. This time I think I will stay for the auction as well. So I will probably be there until lunch.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:19 pm

Sounds like a plan. Thanks

Ben Delk

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:36 pm

look for the really cheap stuff! it will be gone before you come back, then look for small bits and pcs that you need. Haven't been to a lot of radio or hamfests. But have done Hershey fall swap meet many times, almost ended up on Antiques Roadshow FYI, oh they had lots of video of me, two days they rode around in golf carts. I covered more ground! We would walk it 2-2 1/2 times, we skip the toys and china crap tools. Met some guys from Holland there it took them 20 minute to find me. Did the Dayton hamfest in a couple of hours, had been at Spring Carlisle swap meet. Met a lot of interesting people!
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:52 am

Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:01 pm

I've booked a room so it looks like I'm going. See ya there.
Ben Delk

Back to top Go down

Post by sprman on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:59 pm

Been a member of the club and have missed only 1 swap meet well worth going.We have at least 20 to 30 tables selling .A real fun meet and food after the meets over!Friendly people to.Hope to see you all there.Sprman

sprman

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 pm

My trip is canceled. Bummer.
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:28 pm

That's a shame, sorry to hear it. Will you be at the Kutztown show in three weeks?
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:38 pm

Does the sale start at 6:30 tonight?
Ben Delk

Back to top Go down

Post by sprman on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:39 pm

5:30pm to 6:30pm is setup and yes you can buy then.Sprman

sprman

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:44 pm

At the hotel in Nashville now. Let the fun begin.
Ben Delk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Me too - heading to the setup in about 20 minutes. Very Happy
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:21 pm

Sprman... did you make it tonight. Nice swsp meet so far. Met a few of the forum guys . Headed back in the morning. I'll be old guy with glasses, green wind breaker and magnabank hat. If you see me stop and introduce yourself.
Ben Delk

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:47 pm

Hey Ben,

It was very nice to meet you and your wife. I hope you folks enjoy the meet - there will be more sellers and several more people there tomorrow morning!

I did not see "sprman" - he'll probably be there tomorrow.
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:54 pm

Same here. See you tomorrow.
Ben Delk

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:56 pm

I will be there in the morning as well. I am about 15 minutes away and ready for the meet.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 pm

The TV is waiting for you, Willy. Wink Come prepared to make me an offer I can't refuse, and I'll even help you load it into your vehicle! Smile
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:15 pm

Ron Ramirez wrote:The TV is waiting for you, Willy. Wink Come prepared to make me an offer I can't refuse, and I'll even help you load it into your vehicle! Smile

I have a few pieces to look for first. I think my money should hold out.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:29 am

Nice to meet you and your wife too, Willy - enjoy that 9000 lb. Philco TV!
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Apr 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Ron Ramirez wrote:Nice to meet you and your wife too, Willy - enjoy that 9000 lb. Philco TV!

I really like the TV. The more I think about it the more I like it. I wanted one of the round tubes and wanted to get one. I have a TV stand I was wondering what to put on it and I think this will fit it. I probably won't tear into it until the winter due to all the work around the house to do but I do want to tear into it. Maybe my wife will like it after I get it going and it will find its way into the house. The only bad thing about it is the weight. But I don't plan to move it much. I do have a old cabinet I might put it on for now. Thanks again for the TV.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down