FS: Scott Allwave 23 with Tasman cabinet

Go down

FS: Scott Allwave 23 with Tasman cabinet

Post by Ron Ramirez on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:57 am

This includes a 7 knob Allwave 23 tuner. The tuner was allegedly "working" according to the person I bought it from. I have never tried it.

It also includes a Philharmonic amplifier/power supply, and a 15 inch Philharmonic speaker with some tears/flaws in the cone. The field coil is good, as is the audio output transformer primary.

Yes, the AW23 tuner can be used with a Philharmonic amp - the pinouts for the tuner-amp connectors are the same according to the schematics I have looked at.

Tasman cabinet needs to be refinished, although the top/lid is in very good shape. There are a few places on the left side of the front where the veneer is starting to peel - this can be reglued.

Includes all escutcheons. Also included is the lever that mounts behind the tuning knob, as well as three extra coil shields that are in much better shape than those on the tuner chassis.

Chrome on the tuner is in fair shape with pitting, chrome peeling/blistering and some rust; chrome on the amp is in fair to good shape with a few rust spots here and there as well as chrome peeling/blistering. It would be "presentable" as is once cleaned up. This would make a decent "daily driver" for someone once it is restored, I think.

This is a project I put together and was going to build into a high powered AW23 with the Philharmonic amp (it uses four 6L6G tubes - not included), but I now need to sell it.

Photos may be seen at:
http://s326.photobucket.com/user/mrphilco/library/Scott%20Allwave%2023

$900 $800 OBO. Can deliver to Nashville, Lexington, or Kutztown, or possibly Lansing.

Last edited by Ron Ramirez on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Add photo and a link to more photos; lowered price)
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Re: FS: Scott Allwave 23 with Tasman cabinet

Post by Ron Ramirez on Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:03 pm

Bump to indicate added photo, added link to more photos, and lower price.
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Radio is SOLD. Thanks for looking...and a special thank you to the new owner! Very Happy
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum