Not ready for the farm yet

Go down

Not ready for the farm yet Empty Not ready for the farm yet

Post by DancingBear on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:15 pm

I had been trying to whittle down my FB account so all I had was the one person I had to have contact with and a few relatives that don't communicate well. I had come down from 74 or so to about sixteen.

I suddenly had 56 friends. I hadn't a clue as to how they got there. Some were people I knew but others were from odd places. I figured it was some late-night med's confusion or something. I deleted or "unfriended" the new ones and figured it was just a slip of the mind until it happened again. I had almost a hundred.

To make a long story short I found out that my kids AND grandkids schemed with the wife in a plan designed to get me out of my reclusive habits. They all claim I disappear in to my shop and forget the time so they'd "socialize" me. Crap!

I resemble that remark. I'd down to 16 or so again.

TonyM
DancingBear
DancingBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

Not ready for the farm yet Empty Re: Not ready for the farm yet

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:38 pm

I do not have a FB account. I do not want one. Anyone I want to communicate with I can via phone or email. Anyone else makes no difference.

My personal feeling is that all this social media crap is going to come back to haunt us. People spend lots of time and worry a lot about what so-and-so said or did on FB. These people need to get a life and maybe a hobby. Walk the dog. Paint the bathroom. Do something constructive.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:40 pm

Be sure to increase the real contact with your family. They are too easy to take for granted sometimes.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 pm

Be sure to increase the real contact with your family. They are too easy to take for granted sometimes.

Certainly agree with that from personal experience. As far as FB and other social media, I don't indulge. Wink
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:28 pm

I reluctantly re activated my FB account because of ARF refugees there, and, a couple of other ones.
I tried following instructions on who to allow, and, who not to allow to find me.
Now, I've received quite a number of e mails from them people wanting to be friends with me, and, I don't even know them, inclucing some young women, and, children.
I think I am going to close that acct.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:17 am

What is FB? Rolling Eyes
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by 75X11 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:17 am

Facebook.
75X11
75X11

Number of posts : 4453
Registration date : 2013-03-10

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:23 am

Facebook is like anything else. It has its good points and bad points. I use it but I don't try to go overboard. I send emails to my daughter in college and I have relatives that I can keep in touch with that way. You see the one or two bad things that happen due to it plastered all over the place like TV but they never plaster all the good things like finding long lost friends. I have a fe friends that haven't seen in decades as friends. I don't post things like its time for a vacation next week and I will be gone from home. But I might post pictures from a trip last week. As long as people look at it as a newspaper and not put stuff you wouldn't want in the paper I think its fine. I have seen all kinds of stuff, I saw over the weekend about someone saying they were gone from home for a few days. Thats just like putting a sign over the door and saying break in.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:26 am

On Facebook......I respect those who decide not to use it and to those who do use it, be careful!

Do you know cell phone cameras have GPS coordinates embedded in every photo! So when you post pictures of your radios, taken with your cell phone, you give everyone directions to your home. Just put the coordinates in your Garmen and let it take you right to your victim.

Are you away from home? On Facebook in your hotel room? Well Facebook sees the IP address of the hotel and announces what city you are posting from. You are now telling the world your home is empty!

Learn how to adjust your privacy settings and check them weekly, they can and will change depending on what you do.

I think people should take a time to learn all about Facebook before using it. Can you imagine if we all got into automobiles without learning how to drive and taking a test? There would be a lot of wrecks!

Well.........I see wrecks on Facebook all the time!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:11 am

You mean I can't just get into someone's car, and, drive away? Gee, you're no fun.................
Uh, you haven't been seeing the drivers in this state. Have you? They're crazy!!!
Road signs in my neighborhood clearly say speed limit: 35 mph.
Regular traffic actually dirves often 45 mph.
Motorcyclist who lives around here regularly drives all his vehicles about 90mph. I'm not kidding. And, the fuzz don't do a thing about it!
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:25 pm

75X11 wrote:Facebook.

Joke- Cool
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Apr 04, 2013 2:40 pm

What bothers me is that now you must have a facebook account to access other sites. I have to jump through a bunch of hoops to see stuff on YouTube because my ID is also my Facebook user ID.
I did have Facebook for awhile just to keep track of my son and grandkids. My son has become really weird and blames all of his current problems on me and my ex. My grand daughter wears pink hair and all of her posts are stuff I would have spanked her for 20 years ago. My grandson has never met me so there's not a lot going on there. It really bothered me that every time I logged on 20 young beautiful women wanted to me me. I seriously doubt that. Navigating through all of the bells and whistles just to see somebody from my high school that I didn't like then trying to reach me doesn't turn me on. The few times I've tried to look for someone I've had to browse through pages of "similar" names.

I finally closed my account. I figured that anybody I wanted to talk to I already knew and could either email or call, (remember telephones?). I don't know what site I visited lately but I keep getting email elling me to PLEASE activate my account. I ignore them.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:21 pm

I always thought you kept up with family and friends through phone calls or email if they have it . Why fakebook ?

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:51 pm

Geez Terry, I have a dull life compared to yours. Wink Wink
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:13 pm

N7ZAL wrote:Geez Terry, I have a dull life compared to yours. Wink Wink

LOL....I think most of us can say that too! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:30 am

I'm on FB and google+, went to google plus when I saw a old friend had a video done by his local newspaper. Google+ and youtube are the same owners. Now he is in Windsor, Ontario, I'm near St.Louis but for free I can go on G+ and rattle his chain in a "hangout" and can have a bundle of laughs plus get to see the project he is working on. Last biggie was a full size working original Green Hornet clone. yep in Canada machine guns are regulated, RCMP's were visiting him very often, they still do, they come just to visit and they know the secret password (large McD latte) it used to be a Tim Horton's double/double (I don't drink coffee) I'm not worried about the gov't, they have more nut jobs than you can shake a stick at!
oldgoaly
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:55 pm

N7ZAL wrote:Geez Terry, I have a dull life compared to yours. Wink Wink

Chinese Proverb:
May you have an interesting life.

I was born at a very early age- right after that it got weird. It hasn't stopped yet.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down