the eyes have it

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

the eyes have it - Page 2 Empty Re: the eyes have it

Post by terrydec on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:08 pm

DancingBear wrote:Terry-
If you have any stories about WWII, Korea or Vietnam I know where you can them into print (and for $$$$). Due to the nature of the material and the history they are fairly lax on author-editing. The more names, dates and photos, the more $$$. It's a good publication not a flaky one.

TonyM

Like I said, I haven't seen it. It's a long story but my dad's family, "those city slickers", hated my mother's family, "those hick farmers". And of course it worked the other way too. It made for a very schizophrenic childhood. There are few of us left and only my nephew, the "Punker", and me, "The stoner", actually made it, have real lives, and are best friends. He is sort of the glue between the two. So if anybody knows about the book that would be him. I'll check and see what he knows.

I have some interesting stories too. Like how I was present when the word Hippy was coined. Hanging out with Peter Tork, (real name Torkelsan) and Steven Stills in the Village. Scoring some pot from real life "Banditos" in Mexico, spending one of the most magic nights ever with the most beautiful and gentle couple I've ever known in the cabin they built on the site where "The Sandpiper" was filmed.
And driving into California past the startled and "Understanding" agriculture officer.

I guess it's time I started gathering those together.

Oh right, the night we really saw magic on top of Mt. Shasta.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:13 pm

Bill Cahill wrote:What's this all about starting a new forum? You abandomming me, now??
What's wrong??
BC

Don't get paranoid. Alright do, but it won't do any good. Razz

Ain't nobody gonna be takin' over de sto'. Wez jes ruminatin'- thass all. Wink
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:16 pm

That's not answering myy questions......
What's going on? Now, you are talking past pot pleasures in a tube radio forum, too?
Pllitical?
What group is moderated?
Roomenatin'?
BC

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4398
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:28 pm

You know, if it's wanting to hone in your writing skills, why not just put them in the clubhouse here?
No politics, though, please.
Politics will have to stay private.
BC

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4398
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:43 pm

Sounds good to me.

Too many doctor app's.

TonyM
DancingBear
DancingBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:12 pm

I registered in the forum Bill suggested. They have yet to send me a confirmation but I'm sure I'll get it soon. I've seen the name of this forum somewhere else(?).

I went to bed last night contemplating this issue. I think it would be cool to have a section in here set aside for writing...but...
I've been on a few sites that offer critiquing and it gets pretty nasty at times. After seeing and experiencing the atmosphere in here I think it would be best if we kept the two separate. Great care has been taken to create a peaceful environment. Why mess with it? Bill found a nice place to do what we wish and it has no connection to other radio-heads.

see ya there...and here.

TonyM
DancingBear
DancingBear

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:13 pm

I registered in the forum Bill suggested. They have yet to send me a confirmation but I'm sure I'll get it soon. I've seen the name of this forum somewhere else(?).

I went to bed last night contemplating this issue. I think it would be cool to have a section in here set aside for writing...but...
I've been on a few sites that offer critiquing and it gets pretty nasty at times. After seeing and experiencing the atmosphere in here I think it would be best if we kept the two separate. Great care has been taken to create a peaceful environment. Why mess with it? Bill found a nice place to do what we wish and it has no connection to other radio-heads.

see ya there...and here.

TonyM
DancingBear
DancingBear

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:18 pm

Some of the critiques on that forum can seem very harsh, but they aren't personal. I'd suggest looking at some that were done before submitting anything. A lot of the questions are about grammar, ideas, and help with some writing. It is a great group and resource. When you post to the "welcome board," you can mention that "Wanderer," suggested the forum. It shouldn't get you banned. Wink
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:39 pm

It takes a while to get your email activation. I've got mine and once again I worry that there is so much activity that my stuff will get lost in the crowd.

I had something like that with a local writers club. It just got too big with too many people trying to talk about irrelevant stuff.

One good thing happened though- a few of us started a small poker night. Now THAT was fun, until the table stakes starting getting too high.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:10 pm

The site shows many members, but there are only about 25-50 that are regulars. Some kids sign up to get their high school or college papers critiqued and then disappear. You need to have 50 posts before getting your work critiqued, although some violate that rule. Anyway, let me know what you think of it when you get poking around. There is another large writing site that I no longer frequent because it is just too big. "My Writers Circle" seems like a nice site with nice people. I've been there about a year and a half, and have learned a lot.
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:45 pm

Great,
Thanks NAZ, (my cool new nickname for you)-
I will check it out. It might get me back inside my head.

P.S. I think Bill wonders what we're up to. Don't worry Bill, who else understands how weird we are, or would even put up with us? Cool
(Okay, maybe my dog-but only around dinner time) What a Face
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:58 pm

Gee Terry, I like the user name of NAZ...have to remember that for future forums. Most writers border on insanity, but I think that is normal...as well as paranoia. Healthful mental attitudes for this insane world. Shocked Shocked
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum