Washington state landslide

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Washington state landslide

Post by MEZLAW on Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:10 am

Very scary;
http://www.foxnews.com/weather/2013/03/28/1-home-destroyed-33-threatened-in-washington-state-landslide/

MEZLAW
Admin
Admin

Number of posts: 2560
Registration date: 2012-09-22

Back to top Go down

Re: Washington state landslide

Post by willy3486 on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:38 am

I really wonder if that couldn't have been prevented.I wonder if they had proper codes. A lot of times I see stuff like this and they have not been followed. But then errosion can really cause issues over time. We have had two landslides in my area recently on roads. I think the main reason here was that the earth just gave way due to the road being on a mountain. What really scares me on this is the houses in CA on the cliffs there. Its a wonder it doesn't happen a lot there with earthquakes. In our area the big thing is tornadoes. I have seen way too many up close. Last year as I was going home I was hit by the edge of one. I was trying to run away as fast as I could and winds hit me as it was passing by. It was so hard it instantly pushed me completely in the other lane. Luckily no one was in the other lane. If I had not tried to get away it would have been a direct hit. No telling how hard I would have got hit.

willy3486

Number of posts: 824
Registration date: 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top