another newbie oldgoaly

View previous topic View next topic Go down

another newbie oldgoaly

Post by oldgoaly on Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Well I've had some computer problems lost all my bookmarks and passwords, with winter I don't get to play with the radios as much. But spring is almost here, well except for that 6" on new snow on the ground and still coming down! I've been collecting radios for 40 years, they seemed to have gone up in price..... long gone are the days of a 10$ AK 10C with speaker! I still have it! Many years ago someone asked how many radios I had and I replied about 125-150. My wife goes no way 300! mumbles some other words I won't repeat. So the next week I go around and count radios...... 297 uh oh..... Well She came home from a auction and said while she was there a lady said she had 3 radios to sell cheap. yep she bought them and for once! the only time What a Face she was right.... I just handed her the 6 by 4 index card I had kept track of the count, took the 3 radios and added them to the pile! Now I don't count test equipment as radio, I have no idea how many tube testers, signal generator, oscillagraphs I have if I said 50..... it would be ore like a 100. affraid I had some friends who were old radio men and I relied on them for help to fix things, unfortunately many of them have passed on. It a little sad at times working on things brings back memories of good people, hopefully this group will give me good people to remember! Take care! tt Wink
oldgoaly

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Re: another newbie oldgoaly

Post by Tony V on Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:49 am

Welcome to TRF!
Tony V

Number of posts : 615
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:23 am

Welcome to TRF. Very interesting story... Thanks for sharing.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4530
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:05 am

Welcome to TRF! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 8:14 am

Hey good to see you here. I thought you were already here. With all the metal work you have been doing lately how did you have time to count the radios. Anyway good to see you here. You will recognize a few names.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:51 am

Nice place, here. Welcome.
TonyM
DancingBear

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:11 pm

Guess if I was thinking right I could have link some pics so you can see some radios..... What a Face [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Willy, I'm lost went a month looking at the phone or the wife's old computer. I registered, but I don't think I did a introduction, cause I looked <grin> don't want to be un-neighborly! If Bill hadn't posted on FB I would not have found til someone did.
oldgoaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:04 pm

300 radios, huh? My wife should consider herself lucky. I only have 261. There may be hope after all. I hear what you say about pricing. I once bought a pickup load of AA5's and consoles for $3. I still have most of mine. And my wife is an "unindicted co-conspirator" as well, amid her protests. Welcome to TRF.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 5168
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by oldgoaly on Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:45 pm

WC,
it was more fun when they are cheap!!! just last week I bought two old clunkers in a box for 5$ Aeriola Sr and a haven't figure out which model it is from that era, for 40$ a American Radynola, 20 for a AK 30, a couple of horn speakers, tube tester.... He also had a nice Majestic 90, I have 3 already. I need more room or a way to shrink radios! My wife saw the ad, said these horn speakers are cheap, she called and said he was there lets go..... Lucky I had some money on me.....
oldgoaly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top