Learned an important eBay lesson...

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Learned an important eBay lesson... - Page 2 Empty Re: Learned an important eBay lesson...

Post by NashvilleRad on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:36 pm

Real simple.

Offer + Acceptance + Performance. Law School 101.

NashvilleRad

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2012-01-05

Back to top Go down

Learned an important eBay lesson... - Page 2 Empty Re: Learned an important eBay lesson...

Post by GaryRabbitt on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:01 am

As far as I know, you are still allowed to retract an offer or bid, if you make a mistake. What if you entered $300 as your offer, except you hit the zero a couple of extra times, then hit enter fast. By the time you realized it the seller is going to accept your offer of $30000. Are you going to pay? Maybe you wanted to enter $30 ad you mistakenly hit $300?
If you did it all the time, they'd (Epay) know something was up.
Yes, binding, is the seller going to bring a lawsuit against you? I think not. Is Ebay, no. Too costly. Will they temporarily suspend or spank you? Maybe.
What's the cost to bring a civil suit agains someone nowadays? $10-$15K Plus, your jurisdiction has to accept the seller's case
While the binding aspect might be legitimate, the next step is to try and collect.
How many times have we seen a Catalin set go for cheap due to a seller not knowing what they had? Heard of it on the arf, the unsuspecting person was then bombarded by messages that they just let a $1500 radio go for $100. Did the seller follow through? No, they (somehow) were allowed to relist at a higher and more realistic price. So, it does happen.
If you are happy with your offer and you go the set, that's the most important part.
GaryRabbitt
GaryRabbitt

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2008-07-04

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:18 am

If you ever have a problem, question or complaint-contact PayPal. I have had every problem resolved in a fair manner.
That's also the only way that I know of to get on the phone with eBay.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2