Fibromyalgia anyone?

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fibromyalgia anyone? - Page 2 Empty Re: Fibromyalgia anyone?

Post by terrydec on Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Where is 19-41?
I hope we didn't say the wrong thing, which I probably did. I'm really good at that.
Sometimes it happens when you are writing and not speaking.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:06 pm

I've seen nothing offensive, Terry.

A side-note on our wonderful medical/legal system. I was a victim of malpractice. It was blatant, admitted in writing by the doctor and cost me severely. The surgeon was a good friend so it was a bit odd. I'll be real honest here and say I'm not really into lawsuits so we didn't pursue anything. My wife and I have what we need. We don't live an extravagant lifestyle but we'll make it. The five to seven years of hassle wouldn't have been worth it.

Did the hassles end? HELL NO! I have a very difficult time finding a doctor that will see me in the local area. I go to a clinic in another city and travel 90 miles for my surgeries that have occurred about once every 15 months since the first hip replacement.

When we call the clinic to speak to someone about anything we get a lady in admin who then usually gives us to the head of the nursing staff. Even though the statute of limitations has passed years ago they st ill are scared I'm going to sue somebody. This is a small rural community.

Along with all these hassles looms a big issue...my insurance cap is approaching. I've had enough surgeries and things to add up to a figure close to the amount in our policy where they consider you un-insurable and they can (and will) legally cancel me. I have the VA and the others two hours away but my mobility is not great and I absolutely cannot drive in the dark.

Golden years, my asp.

TonyM

DancingBear
DancingBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:02 pm

I'll be real honest here and say I'm not really into lawsuits so we didn't pursue anything. My wife and I have what we need. We don't live an extravagant lifestyle but we'll make it. The five to seven years of hassle wouldn't have been worth it.

Did the hassles end? HELL NO! I have a very difficult time finding a doctor that will see me in the local area. I go to a clinic in another city and travel 90 miles for my surgeries that have occurred about once every 15 months since the first hip replacement.

When we call the clinic to speak to someone about anything we get a lady in admin who then usually gives us to the head of the nursing staff. Even though the statute of limitations has passed years ago they st ill are scared I'm going to sue somebody. This is a small rural community.

BINGO! Not only been there done that-but am here doing that, right now.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum