Fed Ex

Go down

Fed Ex Empty Fed Ex

Post by tuberadiogeek on Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:44 am

Every time i get something via Fed Ex they always back track my delivery.. I dont understand why they do that crap.. I am currently waiting on a package that should be here sometime today from Texas, and it made it to Perrysburg OH, which is only an hour and 10 minutes from me, and then they sent it to Fort Wayne IN, which is an hour 50 minutes from Perrysburg and an Hour 15 minutes from me. I just never understood why it just cant be sent down I-75 from Perrysburg to Lima instead of back tracking to Indiana.. Which in that case it has to come via US 30 and I 75.. You'd think it would make more sense to just travel down I-75 and come straight to me.. Its a wonder they are still in business the way they ship things... I usually try to avoid them when i can but its kinda hard when the shipping was free and the ad didnt state which shipping company they were going to use. Does this make sense to anyone? or an i the only one that thinks its pointless?? and they did the same thing last year when i got my computer..
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Number of posts : 647
Registration date : 2013-02-11

Back to top Go down

Fed Ex Empty Re: Fed Ex

Post by willy3486 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:18 am

It makes some sense to me. The reason they do that is why they do so well. A lot of these places will send the packages to a distribution center that sorts it and sends it out to the proper route. These places are computerized so they have people placing the stuff on belts that send it along and it gets sorted by the label on it. I ship a lot of stuff airmail through fedex. Their hub is in Memphis. Since it is apple computers I ship to be repaired they have a facility in Memphis and one in Texas it goes to. If I lived down the block in Texas from the repair place and it was air freight it would be picked up , put on a plane to Memphis, sorted there and sent back to Texas. It sounds crazy but considering that for every one package in the area sent there may be thousands sent to other parts of the country. Yes the cost of shipping a box from you to down the road may be higher for them but the system makes it possible to save a lot more on those thousands sent elsewhere.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:09 pm

If that bothers you, consider the US Mail system where I live (I'm in a city with roughly 250,000). If I want to mail a letter to my parents who live a few miles away in the same city, the mail gets picked up, brought to the local drop-off point THEN driven to the next largest city roughly 60 miles away, gets sorted then gets sent back to this city for distribution. So a local mailing is literally an out of town process (with the postal processing ink stamp to prove it)!

And to think the Postal Service is having financial issues... Sad
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:23 am

Oh when i ship things its always USPS priority mail so i can have packages picked up with my mail. Its an out of town process here also, as the mail goes to Toledo, about an hour and 15 minutes away.However most things i usually buy come USPS expect a few things UPS and rarely Fed Ex..
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:48 pm

depends on the location of their sort facilities as to why it backtracks.

speaking of usps I sent a package to MS 4 hours away. It took a three day jaunt to a sort facility 4 hours away in Missouri first. wonder why they are in financial trouble.

I got a box fed ex ground in 2 days. from Nebraska
went to kansas then came to here (Paducah KY)
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by tuberadiogeek on Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:51 am

To me it just seems pointless to backtrack.. i know there isnt any fed ex facility here, nor usps, only ups. The only odd thing about ups is ive never noticed any of my packages being sorted here. I know all about usps, when i send and receive stuff it always ends up in Allen Park, MI before it goes to its final state. Apparently Toledo doesnt sort packages, just mail. The crazy thing is no matter if you ship parcel (standard) post or priority mail it still usually gets to the destination in 3 days. Also it gets sorted the same amount of times no matter which service you choose. Most of my things get sorted about 4 times on its trip no matter where it goes, except when shipping in state. With fed ex i got my item in 3 days from Houston TX. which isnt bad time at all.. Now with usps shipping stuff priority mail and standard post cost the exact same amount.. well it did when i was trying to roughly figure out how much it was going to cost to get an S-120 from MI..
tuberadiogeek
tuberadiogeek

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum