Super Bowl 2013: Baltimore Ravens VS San Francisco 49ers'

Go down

Super Bowl 2013: Baltimore Ravens VS San Francisco 49ers'  Empty Super Bowl 2013: Baltimore Ravens VS San Francisco 49ers'

Post by Guest on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:07 am

What are your plans for Supper Bowl Sunday?

Who will win, Ravens or 49ers'?

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl 2013: Baltimore Ravens VS San Francisco 49ers'  Empty Re: Super Bowl 2013: Baltimore Ravens VS San Francisco 49ers'

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:30 pm

49'ers!!!!!!!!!
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4386
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Super Bowl 2013: Baltimore Ravens VS San Francisco 49ers'  Empty Re: Super Bowl 2013: Baltimore Ravens VS San Francisco 49ers'

Post by N7ZAL on Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:40 pm

I'm probably not going to bet on the game, but think the Ravens might have an edge.
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:54 pm

I think if the Ravens steal first base a lot they might win. But then if the 49ers don't dribble and throw it to the hoop a lot they will.I guess I will be watching the puppy bowl due to my wife having the remote. By the way did I mention I am not really not into football. Seriously though I was more into baseball and basketball as a kid and only when I was playing. Now I use to watch the Indy 500 when it came on but that was the most sporting thing I could stand to sit long for.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm

I was never into sports as their was nothing mechanical or electrical about it. Somehow I bet other people feel the same way. For me all I care about is Ravens last score digit is one and 49ers' 3 in any quarter!!!!!!! Cool

scottb

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:19 pm

Interesting comments. I thought Football was the all American sport today? What about the lingerie league?
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:50 am

This has got to be one of the most boring games , it goes on almost all day . Guys running into eachother over & over . I know a bazilian people like it , i dont get it myself scratch

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:43 am

OH... Did you mean like it? Well, my vote is No, I don't.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:08 am

Whoever scores more points will win. Doesn't matter to me. I'll watch some of it then go to be around 7PM so I can be up at 2AM for work.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:54 am

I'll probably watch the Superbowl, as we get it live but has anybody here ever watched an AFL ( Australian Football League ) game? One big difference you will notice is that even though it is a full on contact sport, the players don't wear all the protective gear that is worn by NFL players.

I follow a team here called the West Coast Eagles and they are a good chance to get into the Grand Final in Sept. Our season starts in March and runs through to September.

To us down here, this is as exciting to watch as your NFL....of course you have to like sports first......

I think there even some fledgeling AFL teams in the States.

Ron.

Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:31 am

I know I started this thread, but to be honest, I have no interest in sports myself. I'm not surprised to see so many others with the same interests as myself, could care less about football. It's still important because it helps us all to know each other just a bit better! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:54 pm

I remember a Delta tool commercial that use to play on one of the woodworking shows. They scanned the neighborhood and as they passed the first few houses you could hear a football game on. But the last one you heard woodworking tools. I can relate to that commercial.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:46 pm

My brother was always the big football star in the family and my dad was always pressuring me to play, when I would rather be working with electronics. Things changed though when I had a 25 inch instant on Zenith Chroma Color TV in my bedroom and he still had the 19 inch B&w RCA in the living room.

scottb

Number of posts : 115

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:40 am

MEZLAW wrote:I know I started this thread, but to be honest, I have no interest in sports myself. I'm not surprised to see so many others with the same interests as myself, could care less about football. It's still important because it helps us all to know each other just a bit better! Smile

Looks as though I shouldn't have wasted my time when I posted previously about Australian football, given the distinct lack of interest here, even in your own NFL.

Some of us have other interests besides old radios.

Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:54 am

Actually, I can't see what's going on due to my poor vision. However, I do root for my fav. teams. In fact, my favorite baseball team still remains the Tigers.
"Sock it to 'em, Tigers!"
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:14 am

Ron Pond wrote:
MEZLAW wrote:I know I started this thread, but to be honest, I have no interest in sports myself. I'm not surprised to see so many others with the same interests as myself, could care less about football. It's still important because it helps us all to know each other just a bit better! Smile

Looks as though I shouldn't have wasted my time when I posted previously about Australian football, given the distinct lack of interest here, even in your own NFL.

Some of us have other interests besides old radios.

Ron
I hope I didn't send you the wrong message! Sad Just because something doesn't appeal to me doesn't mean others won't enjoy it. Radio's bring us together but our differences make us who we are! Smile
There is a thread here were I asked of other members interests;
http://www.tuberadioforum.com/t1586-what-other-hobbies-do-you-have

If you didn't post in it please do so! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by fixinmyphono on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:08 pm

I think it will be a high scoring game and most likely down to the final minutes to see who wins.Im from Baltimore originally but My heart was broken when The Colts left Baltimore .I then became a vikings fan (Always for the underdog)But it would be nice to see Baltimore win once more...Doug
fixinmyphono
fixinmyphono

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:59 pm

I will be one of the dozens of dis-interested souls who will not be watching the Super Bowl. There will be a winner. I could care less what team that is. Watching a bunch of overpaid, testosterone fueled millionaires sacrificing their bodies fighting over a $20 ball is not my idea of excitement. The "professional athletes" who play the game get paid more to play that single game than many of the folks who pay to watch it earn in their lifetimes. Makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:14 pm

Don't pat any attention to it. I listen to the radio mostly as I can do something productive while listening to the radio or music. TV just wastes my time.
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DancingBear on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:19 pm

I will be doing a few inlays in my shop. Once a big (SF) fan I realized back in the 80's that my personal accomplishments went down as my sports activities went up. I wish I had the time back that I invested in playing/watching/coaching through the years.

Super Bowl-
An American invention based on the idea that, if spiffed up properly, advertisement can become entertainment.
TMay 2013
DancingBear
DancingBear

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2013-01-23

Back to top Go down

Post by fixinmyphono on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:57 pm

fixinmyphono wrote:I think it will be a high scoring game and most likely down to the final minutes to see who wins.Im from Baltimore originally but My heart was broken when The Colts left Baltimore .I then became a vikings fan (Always for the underdog)But it would be nice to see Baltimore win once more...Doug
--

Good game!
fixinmyphono
fixinmyphono

Number of posts : 200
Registration date : 2011-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:12 pm

Was a good game, wife wanted the 49ers to win I didn't care much. Mostly for me, the commercials were of interest. Not very good this year. As for you that think a waste of time (which I do) consider the baseball world series. Up to SEVEN games to determine a winner. Now that is an extreme waste of time! Hate that game.

Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 699
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down