When tavelling by air are their restrictions on a radio in your carry-on bag?

Go down

When tavelling by air are their restrictions on a radio in your carry-on bag? Empty When tavelling by air are their restrictions on a radio in your carry-on bag?

Post by orthophonio on Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:51 pm

I'm going to be travelling soon and I wanted to bring my Grundig portable shortwave with me. It's small enough to put in a carry-on bag. I'll also be bringing with me a length of about 20 feet of speaker wire. It seems like that kind of thing might get the attention of security. I really don't want to put it through the X-ray and then have them tell me that I can't bring it. Anybody know?

orthophonio

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

When tavelling by air are their restrictions on a radio in your carry-on bag? Empty Re: When tavelling by air are their restrictions on a radio in your carry-on bag?

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Jan 28, 2013 5:16 pm

Show them?
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

When tavelling by air are their restrictions on a radio in your carry-on bag? Empty Re: When tavelling by air are their restrictions on a radio in your carry-on bag?

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:56 pm

I've not found radio receivers on any forbidden items lists. Here are outlines for taking extra batteries.

http://www.airsafe.com/issues/baggage/batteries.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:25 pm

Make sure it's working so you can show them if asked. I know they don't like laptops that won't boot up.
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by philco fan on Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:08 pm

I've taken a few through security,1st time they pulled me from the line,after checking it out all was good.
Phil

philco fan

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down