Anyone ever do this?

Go down

Anyone ever do this?  Empty Anyone ever do this?

Post by willy3486 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:05 am

I saw a RCA 66x11 radio. One of the Bakelite RCA radios with three knobs. I thought that would be a nice one to have, I like the Bakelite tabletop radios best of all. Anyway I figured if I could find one I could afford I would get it. I have been cleaning out my shop for a couple of years after over 15 years of not tinkering with radios. I have about wrapped it up and some of the last cleaning I was doing today was cleaning the back shelves in one of my hallways. Well as I was cleaning this area out, I have piled it up for years I was finding all kinds of things. I found a half gallon size bag full of new diodes. I have no idea where I got them or when.

I also found about 15 pounds of copper wire used around picture tubes I stripped down to sale and fund the hobby. I pulled out and sorted wall warts AKA plug in power supplies and filled three boxes. But the biggest treat was finding one of those RCA 66x11 radios. I had no idea I had one or even when I got it. So I have a new project for down the road. I also found a box with binding posts that I can replace the one on my 40s watterman scope I want to restore. The last two days I have found quite a few items that will come in handy. Now if I can get finished and actually fix something.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever do this?  Empty Re: Anyone ever do this?

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:44 am

I have that model, and, it's a good playing radio, but, susceptable to rotten rubber wiring.
They play well. The dial lights are odd ball, though, and, they have them in series for a good reason.
Hope you post this with pictures in Antiezue Radios sectiion.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4454
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:00 am

Here is a picture of it. Its not the best picture as I forgot to turn off the sign which made too much light in the photo. Its still covered up with a thick layer of dust. When I get around to rebuilding it I will ty to remember to repost some better photos.

Anyone ever do this?  66x11_zps8765409b

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:47 pm

I have a junk room. A place where I put stuff I traded for, is damaged, or for parts. Or stuff I am not interested in. Yet. Or stuff I don't have a place for. Yet.
I frequently find stuff that is now "interesting" or suddenly "fixable." I found an Arvin 444-A one day that I have no idea where I got it. This is the set that I chromed the cabinet on. Not much of a radio, but folks who see it think it is cool. I have it on a shelf above my classic car along with a brass blade fan. I would hate to think of life without my junk room. Watch for me on an episode of "Hoarders, Buried Alive" coming to a tv station near you!!

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:18 pm

I'm still finding unopened boxes from my big move in 1989!!!

I did find a few AM tube radios which I had forgotten about!

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Jan 27, 2013 5:31 pm

I guess I have way too much. A lot of the tube stuff I got over 25 years ago when it was cheap or free. Back then no one wanted it much and it was like 10 year old computers are today. But I enjoyed them and got every piece I could. I have packed the stuff back and now I am finding the stuff again. I use to keep the stuff piled and junked up but I am trying to get my shop cleaned up. After I broke my foot in the fall I see why it needs to be clean. Its too easy to trip.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum