Old motorola TV set for sale

Go down

Old motorola TV set for sale

Post by willy3486 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:59 pm

There is a Motorola vt171b-a TV for sale for 65 bucks at TV . I would love to have one of these but it looks like it would be a money pit. I wonder if you would need a picture tube as well due to damage. It has a few parts missing. I would like to restore at least one old TV and big cabinets would be space hogs in my shop. I just don't have that much room. But one of these could be put up on a shelf. Anyway what do these sets go for. What about the hallicrafters? Is there a good early 50s TV set that is not to bad to find and small like these?

willy3486

Number of posts : 1424
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Re: Old motorola TV set for sale

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:48 pm

I reccommend pass on hallicrafters. They are troblesome. H volt. osc. failures are common in these sets.
Im Motorola, Got pictures? Might be worth having......
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4594
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 pm

Click on the picture on the left, the very first picture.
Here is the link.
Click for Motorola TV

I am not really ready to redo one just yet but I have always liked this set. If I knew it could be fixed it might be ok. When you click the picture it goes to the page for it. It also has a few other pictures. The rust doesn't bother me if the parts are good and it could be fixed. I would love to have a small one. But I don't want one with a lot of High voltage issues, or one that is extremely hard to find parts. I guess they are all had to find parts for but I don't want one of the TVs they made so few of. I mainly want one to redo and display. I will pass on it as I am not ready but it did get my attention.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:03 am

Ouch...... Hope you didn't buy this set. Looks to pricey to me. He has some neat stuff, but, seems a bit pricey to me.
Bill Cahill
I have to admit, I like that RCA work station stand.

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4594
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:21 pm

I like the TV but I didn't get it. It seems like it needs too much. I have no idea what it would be worth but around here from what I see if it was complete I might be interested. People around me ask way too much. I just about quit looking and go to the radio meets in Nashville. They have reasonable prices. But every now and then you find a good piece for a good price. I really only want one older TV and one like this would fit in my shop. My shop is way to full as it is now.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down