storage building of old TVs.

Go down

storage building of old TVs.  Empty storage building of old TVs.

Post by willy3486 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:49 pm

A video of a old building full of old TVS now gone. I would love to find one like this and clean it out for folks. One of the old guys I use to go to get parts from had a huge warehouse like this. He even had new picture tubes from the early 50s, sadly its all gone as well. One can hope. I would love to find a old shed full of stuff like this and have to rent a uhaul to make a couple of loads. Oh well ,maybe some day. A bit long but worth watching , at least in the shop. I quit watching after that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcjnVGPEr48

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

storage building of old TVs.  Empty Re: storage building of old TVs.

Post by ChrisH664 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:33 pm

Cool video. I think we all hope the same. Uhaul loads of TV's, radios, tubes or in my case 78's all pre-WWII labels.

I do know of a fairly similar place in south-western Kansas that had stacks of radio floor models. He advertised it quite often over on ARF and it has been picked over by several. I and another member were going out there one weekend but the owner got sick so we cancelled then never re-scheduled.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Mon Jan 21, 2013 7:14 pm

Right now I wouldn't mind one old TV, like the small motorola tabletop I posted about . If I find a place like this I would prefer to be filled with parts over complete TVs or radios. I wouldn't mind shop paper info and advertising info. I have more radios than I know what to do with. I figured one time if I did one a week it would take me a few years to go through. I am lucky if I get one every six months now,too busy. But in a few months I will probably be done with the shop clean, the MIL will be in her new house and I can fix stuff. That is between the gardening and cutting the grass. Oh well , maybe next winter.

On a side not to this one old guy I mentioned had a large building,maybe 100x200. It had a second layer on each side. It was filled to the rafters with stuff. I wish I could have bough that place out. He had some of the old TVs like the Bakelite Bill is redoing on his second floor. He had neon signs. He had all kinds of appliances. He had one room full of tubes. It was a room probably 10x 20 where he stored used tubes he had tested, all radios. Then he had shelves loaded with new tubes. But I didn't get anything when he closed shop.

I would like to find one more to clean out for someone who wants it all gone.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down