Got My Hickok 6000 Today

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Got My Hickok 6000 Today

Post by ka5row on Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:37 pm

Got my Hickok tube tester today and it is in good shape. I looked the inside over and is seems to be in great shape. Tested a few tubes and it works. It has a manufacture date stamped inside December 28th 1960.

I rolled the tube chart and near the end in both ends it hangs up a bit, it wasn't put on the Dow rod straight but I will fix that.

But before I do that, I would like to make a copy of the chart on new paper. I wonder if that would be a problem. The chart says copy right and not to make a copy, so how to convince a copy place that the company is long gone and the copy right means nothing.

The chart is in good shape and dated April 1st 1965 so it is about as recent as you can get. But I do have a copy on the computer that someone has made good threw 1971.

I am also going to find someone who does reupholstering and have the suit case container that holds the tester re covered as close to the same color as I can get and with all new brass fittings.

ka5row

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-12-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Got My Hickok 6000 Today

Post by mikehall on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:24 pm

Just curious about this for future reference--did Hickok go completely out of business, or were the bought/absorbed by someone. I recently contacted B&K about an obsolete piece of equipment they made, and they responded. I wanted a schematic, but they no longer had any to send me, but they directed me to a place where I could get one for $10. Perhaps the copyright passed to another co. can't imagine they would have a big problem 48 yrs later, also maybe the copy right has run out.

mikehall

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2012-12-27

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sun Jan 13, 2013 10:25 pm

I have a Hickok tube tester that is put away, but when I bought it about 2 years ago I was warned about the numerous errors in the "charts." You might want to do some online searches about those charts. I downloaded one that was thought to be very accurate, but even it had some errors...and I found out the hard way.
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:02 pm

I have a hickok 600a I think it is. It was my first one. I bought it without the case. I have been thinking of putting a ad online looking for a case and a chart assembly to go in it. But I haven't due to I was afraid of what someone would want. I like mine and made a box for it. I have a couple more, one a precision that I use the most and a 60s sencore I bought to test newer tubes. I like the hickok testers , mine always has seemed to be a good one.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:23 pm

Hickok is still in business. They build computer automotive analyzers now. They have two facilities. One is Supreme's old assembly plant in Greenwood Miss. That one is called Hickok-Supreme.

As far as copyright, if the roll chart has one marked on it at all, unless it was renewed which I doubt, and it was printed before 1964 it is now public domain.
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Jan 18, 2013 3:56 am

You can also have it copied by signing a waiver with the printer stating it is no longer under copyright. Also I think you can make a backup copy for personal use only, just like records and tapes and disks. This isn't legal advice, just my personal opinion!
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:41 am

BAMA carries a few files for the 6000 (A).

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:01 pm

Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:26 pm

I tried saving it to my computer, and, it won't work. It keeps trying to save it in arf folders. Tried making a new folder. No go.
So, I had to pass.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4538
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top