Bark, Bark, Buurrpp!

Go down

Bark, Bark, Buurrpp! Empty Bark, Bark, Buurrpp!

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:31 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2013/01/08/boneyard-brewery-launches-beer-for-dogs-3343367/

Back to top Go down

Bark, Bark, Buurrpp! Empty Re: Bark, Bark, Buurrpp!

Post by Guest on Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:21 pm

When I was a yound boy my dog ate table scrapps and only went to the vet if something was very wrong with him.

Now we spend a fortune on pets, including pet healthcare insurance.

What's the world coming to! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by harold wright on Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:48 pm

I think it's going to the dogs.

Harold

harold wright

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:14 am

Yeah...my wife gives me that. Don't feed them this don't feed them that. Aw come on...they like the special food times when I sprinkle some shredded cheese on the top of thier Iams canned food.

We have checked on the pet insurance and it really would only be useful in the case of a major instance. Regular visits or ear infection stuff it doesn't cover much.

We have reluctantly had to put animals down due to high costs of treatment. There just comes a point you have to weigh the options.

We had a pug that developed a collapsed trachea. It was far back in the body near the lungs and our regular vet couldn't do the surgery. A "fancy" vet at Kansas State Vet school was going to charge $700 just to see our dog and determine if surgery was possible. $3500 for the surgery. Eeesshh!! We had to put her down...sadly enough.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:45 pm

My wife's mutts get better treatment than I do. We have a poodle mix who will only eat out of a yellow Fiestaware bowl, on a rug in the master bathroom, with the light on (not the light in the ceiling fan, the vanity light!), with Monterey Jack/Colby shredded cheese on top of his Blue Mountain chow. This dog was dumped in a snow drift in Missouri and we rescued him. Bentley sleeps between the pillows on our bed. He has his own seat in the Tahoe. Do not attempt to make him eat out of a fake Fiestaware bowl. No dice. He knows the difference. He weighs 16 pounds, but thinks he is a pit bull. He gets flea and tick killer, shots, and all the other trappings of being a spoiled rotten dog.

Dad had a border collie when we were kids that he taught to run hogs. Old Rex could load the most stubborn old sow and not break sweat. He got his shots, slept in the utility room, and was part of the family. I was raised with critters, and always wondered why anyone would make their dog sleep in a dog house and eat table scraps.

We have a cat, Percy, who eats bacon with me every morning. He will only eat it if it isn't crisp. My wife makes an extra couple pieces for Percy, because he won't leave me alone unless she does. He sleeps on the back of my leather recliner. I do not sit in the chair if Percy is asleep. He will wake up and bite my ear and run me off.

On the other hand, I have known people who put their pet through the rigors of chemotherapy, at rediculous cost, only to have them die anyway. Putting a human through chemo is bad enough. For a critter that cannot talk, the misery must be incredible. Euthanasia is the only humane thing to do when an animal is that sick.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm allergic to pet dander, but I have a cat who is just a friend who hangs about where I work. His mom was a big black & white cat who would sit on a berm back of our building and watch her kittens play in the alley. I got him and his sister a can of cat food, and he started to meet me when I would get back and hiss at me. That is his way of saying hi. When I would try to walk to the place I would put his food, he would walk backwards side to side trying to block me and steal his supper. After eating, he would get about a foot in front of me and start walking back and forth like domestic cats do when they rub ones' legs, but he wouldn't touch me. He would wait at the door for me to come with the food and if I looked out the window at him he would give out the loudest hiss. He and his more timid sister are more independent now, but I give them something on bad nights.

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 pm

I feed my dog a few bits as I eat, and when I finish I leave a little on the table for him to lick. I think it makes him feel like 'people'. I once put aside the same amount of food that I give him just to see how much it was. It came out to less than a third of a cup for the whole day. He gets a third of a cup of dry food twice a day, he gets A treat after we walk and an 'itty bitty' treat when he pees in the back yard.

People always remark about how fat he is. In fact he isn't fat at all. He gets weighed every time we go to the vet, which is every couple of months, and is always what my vet considers the ideal weight.

Now my cat is a different story. Why is it that if there is only one square foot of carpet in the whole house THAT'S where he has to throw up? I've mentioned this before but all I do is pick up the pieces, pour some cold water on it and sop it up with a towel. It never leaves a spot. I've been doing this for years and it ALWAYS works.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down