I got a sign

Go down

I got a sign Empty I got a sign

Post by willy3486 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:41 pm

I have been looking for a old TV shop sign and I was able to get one today. Just before Thanksgiving a guy contacted me and said he had a sign. It was a old RCA sign from up north somewhere. He sales stuff at fleamarkets and carshows. At a show at Sevierville which is close to the Great Smokey Mountains he traded a sign to the one he had. One of his specialties is signs. Anyway he contacted me but I didn't have the amount he wanted. I told him I would see if I could sell one of my car signs and get the rest. I didn't sell the sign but I did get the cash he wanted. I lost track of his email and though I lost it. After the escapade with the one sign I dug around and found one of his emails. I was glad I did because another vendor told him he might be interested in it. Anyway here it is, I think I made a better choice. I wanted one from the 50s and I think it may be.

Here is the front.

I got a sign TV1_zps7712481b

IT even had the mounting post. Here is the end. It has the round end and also the bracket that wires would have been run up to the roof. I plan on to place the pole about 6 inches from my ceiling and run a wire up to the ceiling.

I got a sign TV3_zpsdbfb63bd-1_zps49905e87

I have been looking for one for over a year. I found a few but they were not as nice as this. I like this the best. I found one close to me on a building a old TV shop man was selling. He had to get his stuff out and I asked about sign. He said he wasn't going to worry about getting it down,he was going to leave it. Then one person had one similar to mine I got but they wanted 1100. I like this a lot better and it was a lot cheaper. I plan on cleaning the plastic and going through the light. I also want to polish the aluminum and repaint the metai bolts and the pole black. I think I will take a 2x4 and paint black and mount the back end of the pole to it. Then mount that to the wall. That way I get more to anchor to than just the wall. This was the last piece I wanted to find for my shop. Now if I see something I can take it or leave it. If anyone familiar with this shop? From what I know it was up north. I would love to have some info on it like the owners name or even a picture of it.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

I got a sign Empty Re: I got a sign

Post by ChrisH664 on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:28 pm

Nice one definitely. I'd guess from the 50's also given the older RCA logo.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Jan 06, 2013 8:36 pm

No question about that being a better choice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down