Antique Radio Classified

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Antique Radio Classified

Post by W8WHO on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:35 pm

Hello All. Anyone else that takes this publication having trouble getting current issues on a timely basis. I only have the October issue and we are now into Jan 2013? On the website they only have the October issue up and have been very slow for the last several months. Use to be fairly prompt. Its a great magazine and have taken it for many years. Sad
W8WHO

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Antique Radio Classified

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:47 pm

Geez./ i'm sorry to hear that. I was thinking of renewing a subscription to it. Maybe not after all.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4528
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by W8WHO on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:01 pm

Yes Bill, I know it has a new owner and it is a great publication. But they will have to do better on time. I sent an email to the owner several months ago because I thought I had lost an issue in the mail but did't get a response and it finally came 2 weeks later. Since the website shows the current issue its not getting lost in mail.
Disapointing
W8WHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:00 am

Last one published was October 2012. Nothing since then as far as I know.
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by W8WHO on Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:26 am

Yes, That is the last one I have as well. May try to call the owner and see what is going on. It is an expensive subscription but if your into antique radios a must have. However not like this.He will lose business if not recovered. He needs to let people know what is going on.

Also on other comment. Yes you can read on line but not all articles and classified ads unless you have a subscription and password. Not much good right now however.
W8WHO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:26 pm

Wonder if they might be having trouble keeping a printer for the publication. That is a high rate of closure business these days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:32 pm

I took those several years ago and really enjoyed them . The problem i had was .. it didnt matter what add i called , the item was always sold . After 3 years of hearing ''oh i sold that'' i quickly lost interest in paying the price to look at 5 or so pages of pictures and a few auction results .
These days ( to me ) it is ''not a must have'' The internet has far more on it to look at . Youtube is full of interesting radio things .

Ken g

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:28 pm

Wonder if they might be having trouble keeping a printer for the publication. That is a high rate of closure business these days.

Wouldn't explain the online problem. I used to subscribe many years ago, but the print information isn't timely today and I do better on the Internet. JMO
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by btse6 on Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:05 am

The latest online edition of ARC is Nov. 2012 as of today, Jan. 24th. W8WHO is right to point out that the publisher needs to present some information about the magazine's situation on his web page. I suspect it will either fold or be sold before long. Too bad, but in today's online world it really can't compete with the web.

btse6

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by W8WHO on Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:11 pm

Thanks for the update. I still have not received my print copy for Nov.
Well hope someone can step up and buy the publication. In this economy times are tough. I don't know what his customer base is but we will see . I don't plan to renew again until I see more settled
conditions. Maybe just having a digital on line could save money cost. However i am still old school and like to have the articles in my hands.
I have subscribed for many years and I think this is 3rd owner
W8WHO

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:55 am

Too bad, but in today's online world it really can't compete with the web.

It doesn't have to compete with the web, if they are on the web. It might make sense for them to ditch the printed copy and go web based. It would be more current by doing so and could be updated in minutes.

I understand liking a printed version, but time might dictate having web based content. JMO
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 501
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by ea327 on Sat May 11, 2013 4:47 pm

I got tired of waiting for each issue. They're 2 months behind now. I sent them 2 emails requesting a cancellation and refund. I have yet to hear anything. I guess it will take at least 2 months to get an answer.
ea327

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post by ea327 on Thu May 30, 2013 11:35 am

I finally got my refund. No explanation or anything.
ea327

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2012-12-15

Back to top Go down

ARC cancellation!

Post by FKARNER on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:11 pm

I'll be asking for a refund also!   Ever since the original owner sold ARC, it has been a hit & Miss operation...more miss than hit!

FKARNER

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-06-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Polaraligned on Tue Jul 02, 2013 5:07 pm

I hear they are like 4 issues behind now....sad to see it go, but it looks like the end for ARC.

Polaraligned

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2013-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top