What was she thinking!

Go down

What was she thinking! Empty What was she thinking!

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:38 pm

You can't fix stupid;

I sure hope she didn't get hurt!

Last edited by MEZLAW on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : title change)

Back to top Go down

What was she thinking! Empty Re: What was she thinking!

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:52 pm

She should call her lawyer immediately. I did not see a sign that warned her of the potential danger of attempting to ride her scooter up an escalator. AND.....furthermore, the escalator was obviously not wheelchair accessible. KA-CHING!!! Three times. One from the owner of the escalator. One from the builder of the escalator. One from the manufacturer of the scooter. And perhaps the people who got on ahead of her, for not watching carefully, and warning her. And perhaps for injuries sustained when they tried to help her. This could get good!

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:02 pm

Nope, ya can't fix STUPID.

repairtech

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:42 pm

I could get in trouble for answering this one Laughing

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by exray on Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:24 pm

If she had just stayed still and laid there she would have been at the top in no time. What's the problem?

I don't think a sane judge would let such a lawsuit case into Court.
exray
exray

Number of posts : 140
Registration date : 2008-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:40 pm

Yep let the lawyers take a number. Cheaper to settle out of court for a few grand.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:24 am

Wildcat445 wrote:She should call her lawyer immediately. I did not see a sign that warned her of the potential danger of attempting to ride her scooter up an escalator. AND.....furthermore, the escalator was obviously not wheelchair accessible. KA-CHING!!! Three times. One from the owner of the escalator. One from the builder of the escalator. One from the manufacturer of the scooter. And perhaps the people who got on ahead of her, for not watching carefully, and warning her. And perhaps for injuries sustained when they tried to help her. This could get good!

WC

You must be joking...... really.

The woman should be sued, for her utter lack of common sense.
I'd have thrown her XXXXX and her scooter chair in front of the next train to help eliminate the world of these dumb types.

Last edited by Resistance is Futile on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No Name calling)

repairtech

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:26 am

I'd have thrown her fat xxx and her scooter chair in front of the next train to help eliminate the world of these dumb types.

WOW!!!!!!.......Repairtech............I thought Philadelphia was the ciity of "brotherly love"!!! lol!

I'm sure Wildcat was joking!

Back to top Go down

Post by scottb on Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:50 am

I read about this, there are signs warning that no wheel chairs or scooters on the escalator. There also is a elevator available, so I doubt a law suit would work.

scottb

Number of posts : 115
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:36 pm

MEZLAW wrote: I'd have thrown her fat xxx and her scooter chair in front of the next train to help eliminate the world of these dumb types.

WOW!!!!!!.......Repairtech............I thought Philadelphia was the ciity of "brotherly love"!!! lol!
I'm sure Wildcat was joking!

Ha!
We got "love" here, along with many other things....
But I have little to no tolerance for people that pull stupid acts like in that video.
It's simply amazing how some people are, I see it all around me with those morons walking around and glued to those little glowing LCD screens. Shocked

repairtech

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:08 pm

Yeah, just for the record, I was joking. And I watch "Parking Wars". (My favorite show!) The "City of Brotherly Love" is not so "lovey" when it comes to the PPA! But, you will have to admit, that would make a good advertisement for Dewey, Cheetem and Howe, ambulance chasing lawyers. I really am surprised that a law firm somewhere is not all over this. She might have had her hip replaced and it is defective. She could have been in such discomfort that is caused her to do goofy things. Her glasses could have been ground improperly, causing her to not see the sign. She could have been hallucinating due to drug interaction. She could have been on her cell phone/blackberry/i-pad/i-pod and there was no warning sign displayed on it to not text and operate her scooter. Apple, watch out. KA-CHING!!

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:25 pm

It could also be a mental problem or absence of normal cognitive ability. Also may be on pain management drugs which clouds judgement.
It's sad.
I wonder if she had no alternative, as maybe when she used the subway train it was above ground. Then Got off without realizing she had an alternative to get out, and waited till passengers were clear before attempting that. It's sure easy to judge after the fact.
Of course No one that has normal mental facilities or is smarter than average would have accidents, would they?
Look at all the smart drunken drivers. Even Police officers got caught in Seattle, and yet they ticket drunk drivers and see the carnage and still get drunk themselves.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 902

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:01 pm

This incident falls somewhere between "you can't fix stupid" and "accident." There is no evidence of stupidity, but the incident is so extreme that it is hard to believe that it was an accident. An accident to me is something that happens, "not on purpose". How can you attempt to ride up an escalator on a scooter "not on purpose?" There had to be some cognitive input to cause this to happen. Is it possible that this person did this "on purpose" to collect money? Could anyone be so desperate? Or maybe this was an attempt at suicide?

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:34 pm

It will be possible for her to get a settelment whether or not she is at fault. There are enough crooked lawyers who will bring this to a quick settlement just to keep the defendants out of the public eye.
These lawyers know just how far to push and get money without a trial! Maybe she thought it would really work! There are many people who do not understand basic physics.

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Maybe she did it with a law suit in mind? Wink
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:11 pm

Wildcat445 wrote: .............Or maybe this was an attempt at suicide?
Regards

WC

A lot of "maybe"s there in the last few posts.

Suicide?.... she could have waited for the next incoming train, and steered towards the tracks. Shocked

repairtech

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Dec 30, 2012 11:12 pm

I lean in the direction of she did a stupid thing, or, she was trying to get up quickly. In any case, it was not a good idea.
And, Repair Tech, please... Suggestions for suicide not appreciated.
Please refrain from negative statements.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4386

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:04 pm

Those chairs are heavy too, she's lucky she didn't get her bones broken when tumbling under the chair. I'll bet that station attendant was running a foot race to get to the stairs!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:20 am

I think we can all learn a lesson here about basic decency towards another human being.

I'll start with myself; I should have titled this thread; "What was she thinking" and not; "You can't fix stupid."

I'm not an English major but I did call this woman stupid, and that was wrong. We all, at some time or other, commit a "stupid" act but we are not stupid people.

Sometimes we invite negative comments based on how we present something. My presentation was wrong, and I'm sorry. I believe others posting in this thread could do some soul searching as well.

Thanks for listening! Smile

Last edited by MEZLAW on Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:53 pm

Thanks. I certainly make my mistakes.......
Bill Cahill
By the way, you can still change the title, I believe. Go back to the orignal beginning post, and, change it there by editing.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:01 pm

It's changed Bill! Smile

I guess this was my stupid act! Embarassed

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:15 pm

Don't worry. We all make mistakes.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:11 pm

Bill Cahill wrote: Suggestions for suicide not appreciated.
Please refrain from negative statements.
Bill Cahill

I second this. I think that is disgusting not funny. Although I have never been close to someone who has one this I do know of suicides where I live. One of my neighbors shot himself with a shotgun down the road from me. He had the beginning stages of alzheimers and couldn't deal with it. He was somehow related to me as I was a relative to his mom. I was good friends with his mom and dad years ago, I helped them with TVs in their used store and he would trade out old tube radios for helping him. When he killed himself it really hurt that family. Comments like this one is why I no longer post on the ARF. The town where I live at was rated number 2 in suicides per population in the country a few years ago. So I have heard of quite a few of them.

As far as this lady I wonder if she had alzheimers herself. I have had to deal with that twice, once with my dad and then my father in law. They got to where they would do things that were for a lack of a better word ,stupid. One time my FIL was driving his tractor that had the wheels together just under the radiator on a hill sideways. It was a wonder it didn't flip. That was when I realized he had issues. I have done stupid things in my time and usually I will laugh about it but suicide is a real issue in this country and not to be taken lightly.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down