It's Christmas Morning

Go down

It's Christmas Morning Empty It's Christmas Morning

Post by Wildcat445 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:15 am

We survived the end of the world. I got up at a little after 5 this morning. Bentley, our 16 pound poodle mix resuce pup was hogging the covers, and my feet were cold. The wife was up already making her Christmas dinner preparations. The clan is coming over here for dinner. My job is put the leaves in the dining room table, and to be in charge of the mashed potatoes. I get to use the chrome Mixmaster I fixed up for her. If that thing craps out, we all eat lumpy potatoes. I loaded 50 Christmas CD's I made for her and they are playing on our old Magnavox console stereo. It is a tradition to listen to Perry Como sing "Ave Maria" just before the prayer for the meal. My late MIL insisted on that. This year the prayer for Christmas dinner will be offered by my late great-grandmother who would be 150 years old this Christmas Eve. I taped one of her famous prayers in 1962 and will be offering it on CD this Christmas. Not every family in America will have a 150 year old saying a prayer at their house. She was 100 years old to the day when the prayer was taped. I still have the original tape and the original tape recorder, a Voice of Music 730 that I used 50 years ago. She passed in 1970.

My wife wanted me to transfer some of her old Christmas records to CD. I refused since I generally hate Christmas music. I did it as a surprise to her. I usually can't get one past her, but I did this time. She is thrilled, and that makes it okay. I am actually enjoying hearing all that old stuff again.

My wife got me a pair of PF Flyers for Christmas. Black "Sandlot" they call them. I had wanted a pair since they came out, but she said I was too old for such foolishness. She surprised me. They are not great sneakers, but they are PF Flyers! I haven't even seen any in 50 years, so that was a treat. I got her a new crock pot and we bought ourselves a Sony CDP-CX355 300 disc Cd player. I also got her a ring she wanted. We are a couple of old goats just having a ball.

Hopefully, all of you are having a blessed Christmas Day and are enjoying the spirit of the season

Merry Christmas

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

It's Christmas Morning Empty Re: It's Christmas Morning

Post by N7ZAL on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:51 am

This year the prayer for Christmas dinner will be offered by my late great-grandmother who would be 150 years old this Christmas Eve. I taped one of her famous prayers in 1962 and will be offering it on CD this Christmas.

That is an excellent touch for Christmas dinner!! A very thoughtful thing to do.
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:52 pm

That is nice ! Most of my driveway still has snow on in . White driveway christmas !

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Motorola man on Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:22 pm

The Norwood clan got an extra special Christmas gift this year. My little sister gave us each a picture of my nephew... who is due on June 12. It was a wonderful surprise.

We'll also be welcoming a little girl into the world tomorrow. My wife's sister is heading to the hospital in the morning to be induced.

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope y'all's day was as good as ours. We have been truly blessed.

Dave
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:17 pm

been laying in bed off and on today with some bug. Nothing bad just feel major tired/cough/stuffed up head.

On the bright side I can listen to OTR on the philco beside the bed and change the programming remotely via laptop logging into downstairs transmitter.
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down