This is one of those days..........................

Go down

This is one of those days.......................... Empty This is one of those days..........................

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:10 pm

I think I"ll go bury my head in the sand.
First, I found out last night that I may be losing Me tv on my cable. See that thread.
Sinus problems, with bad sinus headache causing bad toothache.
Now, the ultimate bad news.
I wanted to play a dvd on my 1.5 year old dvd player, and, guess what!
Player won't turn on.........
Last night I wasn't home, and, we had a severe storm. I think it was hit by lightning.
Today I have a dead dvd player.
This just isn't my day......................... Shocked Sad
You don't think I'm going to try to repair anything with this much going wrong, do you??????????????
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4399
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

This is one of those days.......................... Empty Re: This is one of those days..........................

Post by N7ZAL on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:42 pm

Probably Mayans, Bill. Laughing
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

This is one of those days.......................... Empty Re: This is one of those days..........................

Post by ChrisH664 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:19 am

Well rats Bill!! That stinks. Is your computer capable of playing dvd's till you get your other player repaired or replaced? 1 1/2 yrs old. Covered under warranty maybe? Good news though, if not, even new ones, let alone used ones, can be found cheaply in the stores or on CL.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:35 am

I just discovered MEtv. Our local channel 7-2. I watch Perry Mason when I get home from work.

The "Check Engine" light came on on my old Pontiac yesterday. Set a hard code. Bummer. Sure hope Rick the auto mechanic is in good humor and the problem is something simple. And cheap.

But we are on the right side of the grass. And the wife made plenty of coffee. We are blessed. Sometimes we need to appreciate that more

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:30 pm

I agree with the attitude alot. Just, now, I found out that a Crosley 1948 bakelite radio I restored two years ago, and, haven't touched since then, has a big crack in the front. Crying or Very sad
Phooey!
Found out the network, not the cable companny that made the threats. They want more blood.
Greedy so in so's.
Feel physically better today, though.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:17 pm

There seems to be a lot of that going around.

I really love MeTV too. When I went to basic I knew that I would lose it but even worse would be TCM. One day I was flipping through the channels and Guess what? I have it.

BTW, I got three DVD players, (one for the house transmitter), from Craig'slist. I didn't pay more than $20 for each one and so far they've worked great. Even Walmart has 'em cheap.
P.S. NEVER install filter caps on a bad day. Don't ask how I know.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Prove the big bang theory???????????
lol
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:00 pm

TCM would be the worst to lose. Most of the rest on basic equals the test pattern for sheer entertainment value.

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnysan on Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:13 am

A lot of those DVD/CD players have low quality capacitors in the power supplies; when the ESR starts to drop they will power up intermittently or not at all. The last one I worked on needed 4.

If the malfunction is surge related it may be a minor or major repair.

Johnnysan

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:30 am

I broke down yesterday, and, bought a new dvd player, but, this time with an extended waranty.
I almost got one that will play blue ray in case, but, found out that it uses computer plugs. I don't have a tv that late.
Won't be getting one, either.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:57 am

How are you fixed for surge protection? That can be cheap insurance for the sensitive equipment around the house.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:06 pm

Not too well. Expensive to have here.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:40 pm

I thought surge protection was a must in Florida? It is in the reast of the south east.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:45 pm

Didn't say it's not. I just said it's expensive here.
Wish I could afford it.
Bill Cahill...................

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:02 pm

This is the type of unit I use. I have an outlet each covered for the computer, stereo, video and microwave. I know the whole house systems are expensive, but this can be a less costly alternative.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100654574&R=100654574#.UNjd6azwvFw

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:54 am

Actually, I have surge protector outlets for all those things, including the DVD player. I'm afraid that didn't help that one.
Oh, well.Thanks for the suggestion.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Dec 25, 2012 8:18 am

No problem. That warranty should trump anything else Murphy serves up. Merry Christmas.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum