House cleanning coming along slowly.......................................

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... Empty House cleanning coming along slowly.......................................

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:39 am

Well, I'm paying for it today in pain, but, yesterday I slowly moved my last main four drawer file cabinet in dinning room into florida room along with over one thousand records.
I them moved a small chest of drawers from living room into dr. I put stuff on top of it, and, put my Edison Amberola 30 on top of a pine book case. I put up over 100 BA cylinders in there, including on a modern steel wall rack that holds about 90 records.
I can now get to more stuff in living room.
I have been sweeping floors, and,need to do mopping.
When finnished, I'll snap some photos for you to see.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... Empty Re: House cleanning coming along slowly.......................................

Post by ve1arn on Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:31 pm

Definitely a man with a mission. Very Happy

Looking forward to see the pictures too.
ve1arn
ve1arn

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... Empty Re: House cleanning coming along slowly.......................................

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:28 am

I'm far from finnished with my work, but, I took some early pictures this morning. There will be more changes as I get more done.
But, give me about an hour. I'll post what I have here.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:53 am

O.K. Here is how it looks so far.............
Enjoy. Changes will be made.
House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0013

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0012

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0014

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0010

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0009

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0008

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0007

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0006

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0011

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0004

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0003

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0002

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0001

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Music-displayrooms0005

I still have much to do, and, will be moving more stuff, but, I'm coming along. Sorry for the mix ups. I put them in order, but, they dame out of order.
The room where you see the one cylinder player, the comb. tv sets., the phone, book case, and, chest of drawers is the new music room.
The Isle with the lps. tv's, and, other room are living romm-display room.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ve1arn on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:02 am

Awesome collection Bill.

I see you're somewhat like me with books too. I am definitely a book nut.

Also, when was the last time you played all those LP's? Very Happy
ve1arn
ve1arn

Number of posts : 134

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:24 am

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. But, the important thing is I can play whatever, whenever. And, that's only part of my collection.
Yes, I used to enjoy reading. As a teen, I often went to the main branch of the Detroit Public Library. Spent hours there.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:35 am

Looks like many cool projects. I'm in a similar mode. Things were getting too cramped so it has been (slowly) clean up time the last few months.
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:43 pm

Bill your pictures are great they make me feel right at home. LOL But you have a lot more space, Being married has its downsides, sigh.

But I wouldn't change it for all the tea in err, umm Radios yes that's it RADIOS in China. study

I guess I will try to do more also and spend less time Suspect posting. My grandson is living with us now so I will put Him to work with me on my radio room during His Christmas School Break. Maybe I'll take a few photos too. jocolor santa

My joints crying to hear about your pain (telepathic sympathy, and compassion phantom pain) ouch!

Last edited by Resistance is Futile on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Be careful there cleaning Bill, Thats how I broke my ankle.I just about ran out of room in my shop as well thats why I am trying ot get it organized. That and I can't find anything. You got a great collection there. I see at least one of those little small motorolas I think there. I love to see stuff like this preserved, so much has been lost. It is just now being seen as worth preserving by others than ourselves.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Yes WE ARE the Museums LOL For posterity AHEM. Thats what WE ARE, I keep telling My Wife that But she just shakes Her Head and Rolling Eyes her Eyes
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:32 pm

Resistance is Futile wrote:Yes WE ARE the Museums LOL For posterity AHEM. Thats what WE ARE, I keep telling My Wife that But she just shakes Her Head and Rolling Eyes her Eyes

My daughter is at college now for the last few years. One weekend she came home and we got to talking about my workshop. I started in with the Fred G. Sanford bit of one day of when I am gone this vast empire will be yours. I also called it a museum as well. When I posted on facebook one time of something I fixed to get her going I said "The
world famous Smithville vintage woodworking tool and electronic
apparatus museum and We are a free museum but remember the tickets are free but must
be made in advance. "

So we replied back and forth about that and it has stuck. So whenever I post something I fixed I always post in the post about the world famous museum.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:39 pm

In a bit, I'll have a few more pics. I moved stuff.
Thanks for the compliments, guys. Would you believe that the two outside horn machines were both junk when I got them?? I kid you not!
Wait 'till you see them up close.
Thanks, again, guys.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:03 pm

And, here are the latest after moving things around.
House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Mudi-fidplsytoomd0004

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Mudi-fidplsytoomd0003

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Mudi-fidplsytoomd0001

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Mudi-fidplsytoomd0002

House cleanning coming along slowly....................................... 2012_1220Mudi-fidplsytoomd0005

Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:50 pm

Wow!! Nice stuff Bill. Congratulations. I too have around 2000 78's and 500 lps so you are not alone. I need to dust and clean my 70 or so tabletops so come over anytime. I'll give you a boxful of 50's pop 78's as payment.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Nice job there Bill. If your body reacts to that much work like mine does, you are in for more pain the second day. Ouch!
Ben Delk
Ben Delk

Number of posts : 436
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:28 pm

Thanks, guys. I'm already hurting badly.
But, I've been wanting to do this for a very long time.
It's actually starting to get livable here...........
I think another stuffed chair in the lr might be in order next year.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:36 pm

Nice collection Bill. In the very first photo, is that bottom television an Admiral?

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Yep. I have to put it back on the bench. I had it restored, and, playing. Now, picture is all screwed up, and, I smell resistor burning.
I think mica caps flew south.
It's a 16" round.
There should be a thread on it in the tv section.
Right now I'm still working on my 1949 Admrial 10" bakelite console tv.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 pm

I recognized the cabinet doors, my grandmother had one. She also had a "remote control". She used to say; "Larry, put on Perry Como" or "Larry, put on Gunsmoke"

I would do it for her, so I guess her "remote" worked!
lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:07 pm

Yours must have been a later set. These never had remote control.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:20 pm

Bill Cahill wrote:Yours must have been a later set. These never had remote control.
Bill Cahill

Bill, I was the remote control! lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:43 pm

Nice collection, Bill. Jealous. Wink
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:42 pm

Now Bill .. we need to talk about having to much stuff affraid

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:33 pm

Bill has inspired me to clean my collection/man-room. Been a good year and lots of dust. 11 tabletops and 5 transistor radios cleaned. Sheeeshh! I'll post pictures of the completed project when I am done. 60 or so more radios to go.

Oh hey Bill can I have your permission to post pics of my stuff? I don't want to "hijack" your thread. I can do seperate thread if you like. Thanks.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Permission given. No problem.......
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum