32 Volt stuff. You show me yours,I'll show you mine.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

32 Volt stuff. You show me yours,I'll show you mine.

Post by 32voltguy on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:26 pm

Although my primary inetrest is in radios, I also have a 1929 32 volt Delco-Light plant with light bulbs, sunbeam iron, and two radios. Also use a 1970's G.E. 36 volt garden tractor with a 42" snow blower and plow. This serves as my battery pak for the light plant. Voltage is close enough. I'm interested in connecting with other like people to share, swap, or discuss literature and appliances. So far, on other forums, it seems I'm living in a vast 32 volt dessert.

32voltguy

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: 32 Volt stuff. You show me yours,I'll show you mine.

Post by kent3256 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 4:29 pm

Well, I'll jump into this with you....I've got two 32-volt generators (both Delco plants), a radio, a fan, light bulbs and probably a few more things I am forgetting. All tucked away in storage, and these are probably on my "I'll never get to them in this lifetime" projects. I'd been considering selling everything if I found someone interested. The alternative would be to get one of the plants up an running and create a display. However, it would be heavy and hard to move. Let me know if you'd like more info on what I have and I'll try to locate it and let you know. I had manuals and some other things, its been a couple years since I really dug into it.
kent3256

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainClock on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:56 pm

My dad's parents live (its now just his mom as my grandfather passed away in September of 2012 of Leukemia) that was built by my grandmother's grandfather back in 1920 and the house was part of a 100+ acre farm that was complete with a one car cement block garage with a small apartment above it, a small barn, a chicken coop, a bruter (sp?) barn and a milking barn of which the barn is partially collapsed and the bruter barn's roof is gone etc. Anyways the house that was built by my great-great-great grandfather back in 1920, I was told by my grandmother was actually way ahead of its time as her grandfather owned a hardware store so he had access to all of the building supplies he needed to build his house, and my grandmother said that her grandfather said to his employees at the hardware store that helped him build the house "that they shouldn't spare one nail on the house!" and the house was the first house in rural Marshall County, Indiana at the time to have indoor plumbing and electricity which was supplied via a 32 Volt Delco Generator which was mounted in the basement of the house and from what my grandmother told me, the Delco Generator was in use on the house up until the 1950s when Rural Electrification took place in Marshall County, Indiana and the Delco Generator was then disconnected but was still in the basement up until the 1980s when they finally got around to getting the Delco Generator Hauled out of the basement and sold for scrap. Had I been alive back then and had I known there was a collectors market for old Delco Generators I would of probably told my grandparents not to scrap the generator but alas I came along several years too late and then me learning about the collectability of Delco Generators came 30 years too late.

CaptainClock

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2017-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top