ARF Banned Me Today

Go down

ARF Banned Me Today Empty ARF Banned Me Today

Post by Johnnysan on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:26 am

Probably long overdue. None of the moderators there liked me in the slightest. I have this nasty habit of telling the truth; the latest was a post started about the somewhat racy T-shirt ads, and I stated (quite accurately) that if any member on ARF posted such photos the moderators would not like it, but since these ads bring in money that it was perfectly acceptable.

Other members have had their hands slapped by bringing up the point that political ads were being shoved in our faces, but such postings were absolutely UN-acceptable from members. I wonder how many other ARF'ers will be banned for petty little rule infractions.

Oh well! It was fun while it lasted. I really did enjoy helping others get their electronics working; maybe I can continue here.

Johnnysan will live on (if Natasha doesn't mind).

Johnnysan

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

ARF Banned Me Today Empty Re: ARF Banned Me Today

Post by N7ZAL on Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Never had that honor. Wink
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:24 pm

You are certainly welcome here, Johnnysan. Glad to have you.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:17 pm

Here you will find the air and answers to be more clear . Our host Bill is very kind and reasonable . Enjoy yourself !

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:50 pm

Here you will find the air and answers to be more clear .

Well put. Wink
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:57 pm

Of course All commercial ads and spam is/are banned and so are politics Here.

Personal attacks are also not tolerated. You can be honest, but please be tactful and not hurtful. bounce

We have had one who posted an add for His business without reading the rules and I did notify Him and He apologised and was very courteous about it. I hope He still posts Here, and sorry to say It was a very related to radio, DVD schematics. But we cannot have exceptions or it isn't fair to others and we would open the floodgates.
If you see something that is of a commercial radio parts nature and you have no financial interest or gain then you can post your discovery in our radio links for members, with no problem.

Last edited by Resistance is Futile on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:13 pm

One of the ads was, shall we say, rather racy. A young lady performing "exercises" with only her tennies on! Her website appeared on our Google account. The wifey wanted to know who this young lady was and what her "business" was. How do I explain that I had no idea? I had to be really careful where my mouse went! No, really, honey. I swear. (LOL)

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:59 pm

"....aaand now....heeeeeeere's Johnny" Sorry, couldn't help it. Welcome aboard Johnny. This is a good place to be. Still growing on the members.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I only log in there to view posts to see if anything might be of interest. I stopped posting amost as soon as I joined. I really feel at home here, so there's nothing more for me to add about the "other" place.

Back to top Go down

Post by samd on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:17 pm

And I thought I was the only person that felt this way about ARF…

samd

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2010-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:04 pm

No, you aren't. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:12 pm

I quit using it for the most part a while back. Mezlaw feels the same way I do. I for one think this is a great site. I feel like it is a good fit for me. Bill and Cliff do a great job. I also go to Cliffs site as well. Its really laid back and no stress here.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:15 pm

Welcome to the forums. Sorry they banned you. They threatenned me after deleting quite a few of my posts. I don't do much posting there anymore myself.
Let's just say that present management, and, I do not see eye to eye.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4392

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:31 pm

Are you saying there was a totaly nude lady in shoes on arf ? ... I see those young women in tee shirts on the right of the pages & dont mind that , Long as the no-no parts are covered . Arnt there programs that will block the ads ?

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:42 pm

Yes there are ad blocker programs that I use and never saw the ads on ARF, that were discussed. Works for all the websites and makes the internet a lot better. JMO
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:49 am

Deleted by member
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ke3gk on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:11 am

Resistance is Futile wrote:We have had one who posted an add for His business without reading the rules and I did notify Him and He apologised and was very courteous about it. I hope He still posts Here, and sorry to say It was a very related to radio, DVD schematics.

Yeah, that was me, I am one of those people that don't read instructions when I put together things either. Laughing and wind up doing it twice - after I read the instructions.

Sorry you got banned, I think you went by the same name over there and reading some of your posts was interesting.

They got me too - heavily massaging my posts when I was explaining the merits of using high resolution scans VS using low resolution scans with one of their 'boys'. There was a bit more to it, but I don't want to bore you guys with any crazy details.
ke3gk
ke3gk

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnnysan on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:55 am

I got an email saying that I had a message at ARF; seemed kind of stupid since I was banned, so I tried to log in. Now there is a message from John Bartley (the new site administrator) that the ban was in error and has been lifted. I have no idea what the message says as I have no intention of reading it or going back to being a member there.
Personally, I've had enough of being treated like a child on ARF; I think a few others have had a similar experience. Alan's running of ARF was not always perfect, but it was a damn sight better than John B's. Of course every forum needs rules, and I fully agree with them; but the way a rule is enforced can make or break a website. Most people who are treated badly will simply not come back and never say a word; this is really a shame. ARF had a great beginning. Maybe this is the start of the end. If we get lucky Alan may choose to come back.

Johnnysan

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2009-01-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ke3gk on Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 am

Johnnysan wrote:I got an email saying that I had a message at ARF; seemed kind of stupid since I was banned, so I tried to log in. Now there is a message from John Bartley (the new site administrator) that the ban was in error and has been lifted.

Like being kicked in the jewels, then getting an apology. Sorry - wrong guy. Laughing
ke3gk
ke3gk

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2012-12-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:01 am

My run in was also with John B., I don't know the man so I can't comment too much. Looking at his picture/avatar where his arms are folded across his chest and a stern look on his face doesn't help the image I have of him!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 am

Guys, we could go over this over, and, over, but, it won't do any good. I have my problems with the new management, also, and, wish to not do anything there anymore. But, the talking over of what goes on there will only continue hurt feelings here.
We all agree ARF isn't what it used to be, and, that may not be good.
But, more problems could ensue from talking about them, and, let's just be happy that we have a friendly site here, with friendly folks.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4392

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:04 am

That's a good policy to follow.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:45 pm

The young lady that I referred to was apparently in one of the ads on the side of the page. I guess I had gotten "mickey" too close to the ad. I don't remember opening any such website, but the address ended up on our Google account. My wife uses Google and noticed a website for "exercising in your sneakers" (wink) and wondered what the deal was. The young lady on the website, according to wifey, was clad only in her sneakers.

I know, I know. There is ad blocker doodads I could use. IF I was smart enough to use them, which I ain't.

WC

Wildcat445

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:27 pm

I think as was said by Bill, Lets quit the negative and just move on with the Positive note. So I think its best to lock this post. I'm sure the other management is getting our messages. So in all fairness they do promote the hobby and most all are a bunch of swell guys and gals.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down