Just joined up!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just joined up!

Post by RetroTronics on Thu May 01, 2008 10:05 pm

I just joined last night. It looks like you are off to a great start. LIke many others this is forum/group number 3282 that I belong to! Laughing

My name is Nick, and I am also on the ARF under RetroTronics. I am from Deltona, Florida and host the website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Like our site and your group, I am trying to share as much free information and educational material as I can. I am currently working on a museum project in Central Florida that is in its infnacy but slowly gaining support. As it looks right now, our first exhibit will be in a restored turn of the century train depot that is located in a "living museum" pioneer village. I am also working on an OTR radio project to bring monthly radio shows to some public library audiences.

I like to collect and restore radios from just about any time period and any style from crystal radios to fancy consoles. I also run a small (and getting smaller) eBay business selling tools and parts, and even a few radios when I have the time. I work full time for an airline and that has taken up most of my time this year!

Thats about it.... I'll try to be as active here as I can, and good luck with your endeavour!

Nick

RetroTronics

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Back to top Go down

Re: Just joined up!

Post by Uffda on Thu May 01, 2008 10:25 pm

Good to see you Nick. Where in central Fla is the train depot? I visit a pal who lives in the senior development next to "The Villages".
That pioneer village sounds like something we would enjoy.

-Phil

Uffda

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by RetroTronics on Fri May 02, 2008 6:47 am

Hi Phil,
It is in Barberville which is just Northwest of Daytona Beach. The website is here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Our intention is to have a working vintage ham shack inside the train station. I am also working on a spark transmitter and trying to locate some period telegraph gear to show off there as well.

Nick

RetroTronics

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Sat May 03, 2008 5:46 am

I have visited your place on the Web and it sure is nice. Welcome
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 989

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun May 12, 2013 7:30 pm

Hey, Nick, and, Phil, haven't seen you here in quite awhile.
Come on back, and, see the changes.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4615

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top