Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School Empty Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School

Post by Dr. Radio on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:10 pm

Unbelievably horrible....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/sandy-hook-elementary-school-shooting_n_2300831.html
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School Empty Re: Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:14 pm

This is very sad, I used to live 30 minutes from there. My life long friend since I was 4 years old lives there and is a retired Connecticut State Trooper. I need to call him and hope he doesn't have any grandchildren involved! Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School Empty Re: Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School

Post by Ken g on Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:43 pm

I hope this is enough to make owning guns for anyone accept law inforcement illegal just like hard drugs . Go back to using stickks and rocks

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:21 pm

Let's not get into that, here. We always know how it winds up and the thoughts should be about the victims.
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:40 pm

There was an important Law that changed causing the scenarios now present in our schools. It removed the Moral compass that was impressed on Children to follow.

Another change was to release the mentally Ill from institutions.

The Common Lack of Morals on TV along with Expressed violence and hate. The people are reaping the fruits of grief and despair over the choices, that they themselves permitted.

What was once wrong is now right, and what once was right is now wrong. Our kids have no Moral compass like our forefathers envisioned. Sad
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:42 pm

Yikes, Cliff. Certainly agree with all you posted. Were we separated at birth? Shocked
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:46 pm

A Nation that refuses to teach its children right from wrong, good from evil will become a corrupt nation, where sin prevails, evil abounds, and children do as they please!

Supreme court decisions, 1948, 1963, 1980.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 921

Back to top Go down

Post by stringbender31 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 9:52 pm

Well said, Cliff.
My sympathies go out to the families of this horrific tragedy.
stringbender31
stringbender31

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Dec 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Also in agreement.

Back to top Go down

Post by scottj5395 on Fri Dec 14, 2012 11:31 pm

I couldn't have said it any better.
scottj5395
scottj5395

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2012-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 15, 2012 12:56 am

Excellent post Cliff! Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School Free-happy-smileys-369

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:21 am

N7ZAL wrote:Let's not get into that, here. We always know how it winds up and the thoughts should be about the victims.

Good idea Bill, that topic is a powder keg!
Horrible Day--shooting at CT Elementary School Free-fighting-smileys-128

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:58 am

I work in a School system. Most people think it is safe, many think School employees are paid too much and that we have it made. Its not so safe,fun and easy. Its a stressful powderkeg. I work on computers and we are fortunate to have our own Technology building. I stay there mostly and rarely go in the schools. My wife works in a school in our town and she has had to get rough on some folks. They will come in,smart off and threaten them. One time she picked up a stapler as protection on this guy that was cussing them out. The school got a restraining order on him. My wife one time was trying to park and a mother would not move up so she could get in a place. She finally did but not before blessing her out.

As far as these events goes I would think that someone smart enough could research and find the patterns and causes for this. I think its a mixture of issues. I think the main things are disfunctional families, morals not being taught at home, Violent games. At work the other day some of the people were talking about computer games that you shoot them up so to speak. When I was a kid the atari I played I didn't have these violent games. When I was a kid the shoot em up games you got the bad guy now video games on line you try to shoot everybody. Then TV is just violent or reality shows that are like Springer.

This really shows what is important and also what is wrong with our country. One time when our daughter was in band the parents had to march along side the kids to protect them from the people in the county we were visiting to keep them from being hurt. Another time at a band competiton We had to watch this girl as her dad said he was going to come and get her and beat up a guy on the bus with us. There have been times when I have been afraid of people I deal with will snap and do something like was done today. I work 4 days at 10 hours and many times thats too many days. Sad day. I hate these days like this.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:40 am

Yet another mass-murder at a school...... a sad day indeed.
I can't understand what's up with some people today - it seems like society's going crazy.
Just the other day here in Philly there was a stupid shooting - on a Elevated commuter train no less - and who pulled the trigger? - a stupid teenager! -->
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/local&id=8918568

Pure insanity! and the video clearly shows the whole thing!
But.... cameras can't thwart or stop this insane crime, no.
No amount of laws or gun regulations are going to help - the issue stems from too many reasons too ignored for too long.

A real sad state of affairs we've got to deal with these days.

My thoughts go out to those families of the victims, horrible tragedy they have to deal with during the holidays.
Or for that matter, anytime.

repairtech

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:02 am

YEah yesterday I cried for people I don't know. The only other time I did that was 911. Thoughts of my 2 grandchildren. Roman 8 and Ava 6 popped into my head. The Thanksgiving Day games of HORSE on the driveway hoop with Roman kept running through my head. I wondered how many parents/grandparents would long for those simple games? I thought of all the hopes and dreams of parents/grandparents were ripped away. I thought of the 6 adults killed and thinking "mommy/daddy won't be coming home tonight".
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:24 pm

Very sad, indeed. The moral fabric of this country has really been torn to pieces.
These people will certainly be in my prayers.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 3:16 pm

When most of us were kids, the most violence we were exposed to was Marshal Dillon or the Lone Ranger running in the bad guy. There was a punishment for doing wrong. Nowadays, kids are exposed to the likes of Lindsey Lohan and that bunch of twits, and they are taught that breaking the rules and acting trashy is "hot". I see young women in a store dressed in something my wife would have only worn in private. When she was young. Kids talk to their parents disrespectfully, and parents feel helpless to do anything, or, worse, just don't care. Kids needs discipline, and, most of all, a good example. Kids have too much time on their hands, and use it on the internet or on a cell phone. They play violent video games. What do we expect?

My thoughts and prayers go out not only to the families of the victims, but for our country as a whole. This insanity has got to stop.

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4925
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by atwater10 on Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:45 pm

willy3486 wrote:I work in a School system. Most people think it is safe, many think School employees are paid too much and that we have it made. Its not so safe,fun and easy. Its a stressful powderkeg. ........................ They will come in, smart off and threaten ...... guys cussing .....

Willy,
I too work with computers in the school system (22 years at a big city Community College) and while I'll admit we do have some excellent students, there's a large population of trouble makers who cuss (every other word starts with F etc. ) out loud, blast their 1000 watt stereos in their cars near buildings with classes going on (btw the language and references made in their rap music's another story) and often when I walk out the back of our building one can smell the strong oder of Marajuana. I couldn't care less if these students want to participate in these vices but there are appropriate places to do these! ... I feel for you and your wife having to put up with this crap from a bunch of spoiled brats who need their rears kicked. Cool
atwater10
atwater10

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2012-04-21

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:01 pm

A Church in Newtown was evacuated due to a threat today. Do these sickos walk among us? I think I'll stay in.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/newtown-church-evacuated-due-unspecified-threat-during-noon-182416799.html

ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:49 pm

There are more people out their whose minds need a major alignment, than I care to count. Sad. Very sad. Crying or Very sad
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Pond on Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:57 am

61 shooting sprees in the States since Columbine and counting.....

How does anybody fix this problem?
Ron Pond
Ron Pond

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:51 am

I think if there was a simple or single solution the problem could be solved. The problem is worldwide, complex, and has been going on since the beginning of time. However, it does seem more frequent recently. No doubt societies have changed a lot, values have changed, etc. One factor that jumps out at me, is that these incidents seem to be caused mostly by the younger generation. So, why are they 'troubled?" Again, society may be at fault?

I think most of the "experts" agree that this isn't the end, and it will happen again. Sure hope not, but being a realist, it will continue.

JMO
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by repairtech on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Of course things like this will continue to happen...
The reasons vary, the blame as well.
While the reasons in this particular case are not officially known yet, from what I've heard, it seems that there was some parental issues that led to this tragedy.

1) The kid was somewhat of a loner/different - judging from interviews of kids that knew him.
2) The mother allows this kid access to weapons.
3) Since he killed his mother first - I suspect parental issues were simmering.

I'm sure eventually the whole sordid affair will be pubic.

repairtech

Number of posts : 97
Registration date : 2010-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:24 pm

This tragedy makes me so sick I can hardly talk about it. These weren't just children, they were little babies, babies that just a few days ago were all giddy about Christmas. I keep thinking of my little grandson and can't wait to hug him this Friday when he comes to visit.

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:40 pm

This tragedy makes me so sick I can hardly talk about it.

Agree and that is why I quit watching the news on TV and have the TV locked on the History Channel. Evil or Very Mad
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next