Image posting question

Go down

Image posting question Empty Image posting question

Post by N7ZAL on Thu 6 Dec - 20:33

Is there a way to paste an image in a post or insert one from a computer location? If so, how?
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 493
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Image posting question Empty Re: Image posting question

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Dec - 20:55

If you want the image to appear in your post, you need to have it hosted at a site such as photobucket.com. Then you can put a link to it from the "image" button above.

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Thu 6 Dec - 21:16

Thanks. I'll just put them on one of my websites and link from there. I thought there might be a way to post them directly to here. No problem.
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu 6 Dec - 21:58

Here's a link to photobucket incase you decide to try it;

http://photobucket.com/

You can upload all your photos or just the ones you want to post. If you have trouble just post here and we can help you. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Fri 7 Dec - 12:23

Thanks, but I try to stay away from places where I lose control over the data/images. Yea, paranoia Shocked Shocked
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri 7 Dec - 13:30

I understand your point, many times the images just disappear after being posted. Its disheartening. We did have a gallery that was subscribed to for a monthly cost (as we latter found out and had several hundred megs of capacity) but when the forum sponsors requested donations we thought it was for a years worth, not so as we later found out. Crying or Very sad
You might try our gallery and see if your picture(s) will go in there but make sure they are on the Conservative side, so others can use it to. I haven't even tried it for over 2 years. Experiment and see what happens. If you limit your pictures to a time period and then remove thereafter that would help also.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Fri 7 Dec - 15:23

Thanks Cliff. You can get add on programs for image displays that are free. Just install them from your control panel. I used Coppermine on my forums.

I can post pictures on my website (s) and link to them. That way I'm not using up bandwidth here. Not a problem and I have tons of extra space. Think I have 300 Gig per month.

Thanks again !
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri 7 Dec - 23:13

This question, and various suggestions, comes up all the time. There are several hosting sites such as Photobucket and others, and most have some kind of problem. The only site I use is Myspace. In fact storing photos is the only reason I have the account. It came in real handy when my computer "Accidently" got wiped. I still had backup photos on line.

However, I think the real crux of the question concerns the ability to insert photos directly from a computer without needing the third party program. One of the best things that ever happened on ARF was when they started having that ability. Being able to do that on this site would be a great Christmas present.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sat 8 Dec - 6:53

However, I think the real crux of the question concerns the ability to insert photos directly from a computer without needing the third party program.

I agree that it would be a nice feature. However, I think there is a concern about storage and bandwidth issues with this forum. It is my understanding it is hosted by a third party and they charge for their services. It isn't a directly run forum...if it was the image storage wouldn't be a problem.
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum