Hello from Central Wisconsin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hello from Central Wisconsin

Post by 32voltguy on Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:58 pm

Just found this site and had to join. My interests are 6 and 32 volt tube radios and 32 volt appliances to go with my Delco-Light plant. I love listening to old time radio programs and drive a 1937 Oldsmobile in the summer with the top of the line 8 tube two speaker Deluxe model. I have restored 32 volt Winchargers in the past(none currently) and have carved my own blades.
Currently I am looking for a radio vibrator tester as I purchased a seventy some slug of vibrators and need to check them out.

32voltguy

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2012-12-06

Back to top Go down

Re: Hello from Central Wisconsin

Post by Resistance is Futile on Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:32 pm

Welcome to our forum. I was raised in Madison 1944-1957, Have a lot of relatives there. There was recently a buy of two vibrator testers. I think it was on ARF though. They are kinda rare. Some tube testers of old vintage had them.

My first interest in radios was from a 3rd cousin named Buddy Sholts in Oregon township. he had some very impressive Ham gear. I think it was Collins. He Had an antenna that was hooked up to a windmill. I think He moved to New York and worked for Collins Radio.

I got my first Crystal radio for Christmas and was thrilled about it (it was a Remco.) Many fond memories of my childhood experimenting with making battery's and magnets and toy motors. I built my first battery operated motor in electric shop in East Madison High School (8th grade), and received my first electrical shocks from a 5AA. Barefoot of course. lol!
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 989
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:33 pm

Welcome and you have found a very friendly and helpful site.
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 505
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:25 pm

Welcome to TRF!
Tony V

Number of posts : 582
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:50 pm

Welcome! My grandparents had a Delco 32v tombstone that even had tubes that were fascinating for a child (Arcturus blue). Hope to see pics of some of your items as time goes by.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:29 pm

Welcome, I think you'll find this to be a great site!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top