Question about new posts on forum

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question about new posts on forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about new posts on forum

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:37 pm

Unfortunately, along with improvements in this software, it has glitches. Cliff may be limited on what he can do. Why don't you PM him, and, ask him about it?
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Question about new posts on forum - Page 2 Empty Re: Question about new posts on forum

Post by Guest on Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:56 pm

Will do that Bill! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:18 pm

OK, I see we have "old" also poping up, I don't like that. Now it's just my opinion but adding the "old" balloon on threads not posted in appears too cluttered to me.

The "old" doesn't bother me because I can now see the new posts. Very Happy However, I don't think they are needed and just clutter things up more than needed. JMO
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Number of posts : 494
Registration date : 2011-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:17 am

Honestly, this is the best we can do. I talked with Cliff, and, he had to add his own software to even do this. I think the clutter is a very small price to pay for having a more readable forum. I personally think Cliff has done an enormously wonderful job.
He told me he spent over five hours making these changes. That's more than I cn handle.
I hope you guys will come to like it. It's not perfect, but, it's about the best we can do, and, I personally think Cliff did a wonderful job.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:43 am

Well, sadly , looks like we may have upset our friend. It's back to unreadable. Sad
I sent him a pm. Hope he'll change it back.
Sorry, guys. We really tried. Cliff does alot.
I've asked him for alot of help settling many issues in this forum. It is what it is.
I thkink Cliff does a very admirable job.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by stringbender31 on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:55 am

Personally, I thought it looked very good with the "new" & "old" balloon indicators. I had no problem reading it before, but the balloons definitely made it easier to see whats what... IMHO of course.
stringbender31
stringbender31

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2012-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:59 am

And, I agree. I was seeing threads I was totally missing before. I hope Cliff will put it back. I think it was some of his best work.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:01 am

Either the balloons or the newer way with darkened circles. Either works for me...the original was the problem because I couldn't see the red. Now at least I can tell the new posts. Very Happy Very Happy
N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Mon Dec 03, 2012 1:04 am

I assure you that what he installed was the best he could get.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by N7ZAL on Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:45 pm

Just want to say thanks, and the way things are now is fine. I can see the new topics...finally. Sorry to create a problem, but suspect there will be more color blind folks who will benefit also.

N7ZAL
N7ZAL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2