Up Your Bench Contest!!!

Go down

Up Your Bench Contest!!! Empty Up Your Bench Contest!!!

Post by Steve Johnson on Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Decided this is something interesting for me to do this winter. Hope I'm not breaking any rules by posting this here.

Up Your Bench Contest!!! Up-your-bench723
www.UpYourBench.org

Two main prize categories, best or most interesting or unique soldering set-up and a lets see your workbench category.
Will run from mid December till the end of February. I'll announce the winners in March and post the winning photos and comments.

If this one goes well, I'll plan on running a couple each year relating to soldering, test equipment, and electronics workbenches.
I'll announce on the site when final entry details and entry forms are available. Still a couple of weeks and room for a few more prizes.
Open to residents of the U.S. and Canada.
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Up Your Bench Contest!!! Empty Re: Up Your Bench Contest!!!

Post by willy3486 on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:51 pm

I am looking forward to it. I have it as my home page so I will remember it. I like seeing other workshops because I might get ideas to make mine better. I will look forward to entering mine.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Sounds like a great idea!

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:06 pm

Ken, The workbench category will have many angles. It could be a creative use of space, strangest location, best use of storage, or many other aspects. I will probably even award a prize for most pathetic... Think of something. It may be a great way you have to store test leads. If nothing else, every entry gets an even shot at winning the Fluke 87V. I plan on listing a whole bunch of ideas when the contest starts. If anyone has any suggestions feel free to chime in here and post your ideas. Besides, what's wrong with old Weller soldering guns? My soldering gun collection
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:13 pm

OK!
Steve what are the rules and how do we get a chance at participation?
Details please.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:45 pm

All the details will be laid out and entry instructions made available at the start of the contest. Should be about the second week of December. Contest will run through February. Winners will be posted in March.

I plan on posting a few entries as the contest goes along and will post the finalists about 10 days before the winners are announced. There also might be a prize for which of the finalists wins a public vote but I have to figure out how to do that without allowing duplicate voting.

The random drawing for the grand prize will be selected by a random number generator choosing entry numbers equal to the number of prizes available and my dog Gidget will select the top winner of the Fluke from those. I got that one all figured out. Might even put that one on video for everyone.

Also, If anyone is a member of any other electronic related forums feel free to post a link to the contest (UpYourBench.org) if it's not against their rules. I'm a member of about 4 but I know there are several others. ARF moderators have to discuss posting it there due to the no advertising rules so I'm waiting for their decision.
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:59 am

Just an update. The DNS for the domain name may not have propagated everywhere yet so if you don't see the web site use this link for a day or so: www.stevenjohnson.com/upyourbench/
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:29 am

Edited - Daily contests seem to work much better in the Facebook groups.
Two weeks to go before the start of the contest.
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:03 pm

I entered Steve Johnson's

Show Your work Bench with my photo, and will find out what picture won on this Friday March 15th, 2013.
So stay tuned and find out. I will post the results Here.

http://www.upyourbench.org/contest-winners.htm

Thanks to Steve Johnson for Helping foster interest in work bench and soldering stations. Kudos!

After I posted that Picture I got a friend in Oregon to agree to help me rebuild my bench area, when He comes up to visit, I will restructure my entire radio room. Within a month I hope!

I will take a picture of my new Man Cave and post when done.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum