Pierson-DeLane PD-88 Tube Radio, RADIO IS FIXED.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Pierson-DeLane PD-88 Tube Radio, RADIO IS FIXED.

Post by Tuber on Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi, RADIO IS NOW FIXED.I'm working on what I believe is a 1939 Pierson-DeLane PD-88 radio. Would anyone happen to have a schematic for this unit? I have replaced the electrolytics and a couple out of spec resistors. I have sound using the RCA jack powered by a portable CD player, but no radio stations and volume is low at full volume. I assume this RCA jack was used for phonograph players, could my input voltage be too low from the CD player??? The voice coil on the speaker was damaged. I left the field coil/choke hooked up and wired in a replacement 4 ohm permanent magnet speaker. Is it possible the new speaker sensitivity is not high enough to respond to the input?? I have never performed an RF alignment, this should be interesting. Sorry for the long post and multiple questions. Thank you for everyone's time and any suggestions or info.
If you'd like some pictures I will be so happy to send them.
Thank you.
Brian

Last edited by Tuber on Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Tuber

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Pierson-DeLane PD-88 Tube Radio, RADIO IS FIXED.

Post by simplex1040 on Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:52 pm

your input is prob to low from CD . As far as the RF portion have you replace the paper capacitors yet?
simplex1040

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Tuber on Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi, thank you for your reply. There are a couple micamold paper capacitors connected to the 6K7 and 6A8 tubes that I have not replaced yet. I'm looking for a RF Generator to test those stages and hopefully perform an alignment. Can anything else be used to test those stages? I'm very happy to read that you thought my input could be too low causing the low volume. Most of the tubes tested on the low side on my BK tester, but still in the good range. Thanks again for any help.

Tuber

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top