Terydectyl

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Terydectyl Empty Terydectyl

Post by terrydec on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Overnight I've become an internet weirdo. I have set up a Paltalk account, a webcam, and a chat room.
Watch out Leno!

Terydectyl M
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Terydectyl Empty Re: Terydectyl

Post by ChrisH664 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:53 pm

Address Terry? I could watch and participate on the weekends.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:20 pm

ChrisH664 wrote:Address Terry? I could watch and participate on the weekends.

It's still a work in progress. Remember that it will only be on Paltalk.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:50 am

Never heard of PalTalk, I'll have to look into it....
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 899
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:32 am

Yah. Sounds interesting.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4393
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:35 pm

Can we get a link?

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:09 pm

Here is the link to the Paltalk site.

http://register.paltalk.com/reg/landing_pagc128.jsp?advc=105&refc=1100&refcd=tid|sNlYf8l0b|pmt|Exact|pcrid|19184833511|pkw|paltalk&gclid=CLjesYKxwLMCFUZgMgodXTcACg

I'm still working on my room. It has to stand out among all of the other rooms.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:13 pm

BTW- you don't need a mic. You can write messages too. If you do download the program go to the help lobby first. That way you'll see what other people are doing. I'd much rather do this than Facebook. Why? More neat equipment of course.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:33 am

Terydectyl?
Like it?
It's a nom de plume, (fancy phrase for phony name), I've used in radio. I also used to have a terydectyl website and podcast.

Okay, on a different note, (b flat), I've been entertaining the idea, (and you all know how entertaining I can be), about setting up a Paltalk chat room about troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing electronics. It would be something like we have here only more consumer oriented. It would be nice to put together a panel of us experts and offer advice on various subjects, only we would talk to the people instead of writing, which can get confusing. Sort of an internet version of my business.
The "Reliable Sound and Video" chat room.

How does that sound?
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm

So I downloaded this Paltalk program with great expectations. I even bought a new headset. Then I discovered that out of thousands of rooms there wasn’t anybody I really wanted to talk to.
There are a lot of music rooms, people wanting to meet other people without actually meeting them, and some chat rooms with boring people saying boring things. The best chat rooms are locked for friends only, and of course to participate in a lot of rooms you must pay for an upgrade. It is a disappointment because I was looking forward to having a lot of fun and meeting new people.

I guess opening a room about electronics would be a bust. I wonder if anyone would come, or even know that I was there.

Using this headset for the speech recognition program is still a good idea for dictating my writing though and that's a good thing. In fact I typed this message using it. So maybe it isn't a total loss.

terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:10 pm

I used to have a chat room here, but, no one used it. I finally gave up, and, closed it down. I have seen too much trouble in chat rooms. ARF usde to have one with daily trouble. Always fighting going on.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:18 pm

I have seen too much trouble in chat rooms.

I couldn't agree more! We had one at a phone board that I no longer visit. It was the cause of constant arguements between members. Please do not start one here! No

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:50 pm

Well, I've been thinking about it.
First of all with the basic program you can only have 10 members in the room at a time. That's about how many friends I have anyway.

And it can be locked so that people who don't get along can't get in, i.e. most people, (except y'all of course).

But it would be nice for my family, some people here, other friends and maybe even my ex-(shudder), wife, to have a place to get together and chat for a while in the evening. It would be better than texting, email, or just posting stuff in a forum 'cause you can talk AND text. Don't get me wrong- I love forums; but a lot of times nuances get lost in the post, even with emoticons.

In other words just friends getting together and hanging out, like a clubhouse, with webcams too. (Sorry, no butt shots). Embarassed
So what I'll do is take a poll of the people I know and see how they feel. That includes anyone here who would feel comfortable with it.

terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Give it some time. As people find out about the network, there will be more folks who share your interests. It's sometimes lonely being cutting edge. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:00 pm

19&41 wrote:Give it some time. As people find out about the network, there will be more folks who share your interests. It's sometimes lonely being cutting edge. Very Happy

Snip snip...
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Well, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to uninstall Paltalk. The more I check it out the more disappointed I am. For one thing it keeps asking you to upgrade every time you log on.

There are 16 different listings- things like
"Love and Romance", with a "flirting room" Ugh.
"Social Issues". I checked out a couple of these rooms. They are mostly rant and rave. Yuck.
"Religion". Right, which room do you want- Astrology or Wicca?
"Health" Holistic or overcoming addiction. Only one member in each.
"Computer and technology"- All about games.
Anyway, you get the idea. There are 5 headings for specific countries only.
The music rooms are either a lot of similcast stations or people playing music you can't play on the radio, i.e. profane.
It's true that there are some open chat rooms- but pretty soon you find out that they are clicks, just like in high school, and resent it if you try and join in. Somebody in one room yelled at me for turning on my webcam.

The only interesting room is, (was), the help lobby. There are a lot of different people and I liked the way the moderators address the problems. That is until today. Someone with a laptop wanted to know how to play music and talk at the same time. Of course it can't be done with Windows, but this person had heard it-probably on one of the radio stations. Three different moderators spent over 45 minutes, with a long list of other people waiting for help, going, "click On the speaker icon-right click on properties, make sure the mic is on, find the stereo setting, now try." They did this over and over. They were suggesting different sound cards, uninstall FireFox and install IE, etc. They kept doing this for almost an hour . Meanwhile I'm trying to bring some sense into the conversation, suggesting that they needed a line input or an outboard mixer with USB. Finally I got a Red Dot. You can figure what that means.

Too bad- I really looked forward to making some new friends and sharing information. Fortunately I have this clubhouse, which I now appreciate more than ever..
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:24 pm

That seems like too logical a concept to have only one provider. You might want to do some searching to see if there are other places more developed.

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:34 pm

I'm on it!
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:02 pm

Seems to me like you have WAAAAYYY too much spare time on your hands. Perhaps your time would be better spent by getting a part time job or volunteering someplace that could productively use your help. The world does not need more chat rooms. Social media is nothing but trouble.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Wildcat445 on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:04 pm

And.......if you are such a computer whiz, you could help me figure out why my extenal hard drive will not work with my new computer.

Regards

WC

Wildcat445

Number of posts : 4893
Registration date : 2011-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:36 pm

A)- I'm not a computer whiz. I just keep discovering stuff. I didn't know how to copy and paste using the keyboard until lately and if it wasn't for my nephew I never would have heard of Speech Recognition. I had to get some kid to install my Wi Fi and the last time I had my computer worked on the guy 'accidentally' scrubbed my hard drive. 5 years of my life- gone, just like that. I keep meaning to get an external hard drive for back up, but other stuff keeps popping up.
The card I hand out soliciting repair work says-"no computer, TV or appliance".

B) I don't have WAY too much time on my hands, I have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on my hands and have to make up projects to fill the day. This has been the down side of moving.

I'd love to get a part time job if I could; but my health problems interfere with that. I'm constantly going to clinics, hospitals and doctors. I'm trying to volunteer with a local theater group since I have experience from painting to directing. However all of the 'kids' are less than 25 and look upon me with suspicion.

I was really hoping Paltalk would give me stuff to do during the day. It didn't Crying or Very sad
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:06 pm

Wildcat445 wrote:And.......if you are such a computer whiz, you could help me figure out why my extenal hard drive will not work with my new computer.

Regards

WC
What type of hard drive, solid state or platter? I am assuming its a USB, right? What brand of computer? What operating system?
If your using Apple lots of luck! as that's a different ball game. Details are needed to assist.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:48 pm

And, please stop fighting................
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tony V on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:10 pm

No one is fighting from what i can see Bill
Tony V
Tony V

Number of posts : 706
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:37 pm

Aw- And I was getting all excited. 'Bout time we had a little fun.

The only fight I'm aware of is me and 'Dumb'talk. I gave up first.

P.S. I did find out I was right. They never could make it work. Duh!
You can not play music and talk live at the same time on a laptop with the windows sound program unless you have the mic next to a set of external speakers. Try it sometime. BTW- I think that you can do it with a Mac. Anybody know for sure?
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum