Speech recognition Software

Go down

Speech recognition Software Empty Speech recognition Software

Post by terrydec on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:07 pm

I didn't know that the Microsoft Office Suite included Speech Recognition until my nephew told me. He writes these long essays for school which is why he found it. (I always thought his paper's seemed like free association, now I know why-they are).
Anyway, I installed it and I've been playing with it. To really tune it in to your speech patterns takes about an hour. Since I wear dentures some of my articulation isn't very good. Still, it does an adequate job. It's funny how some of the words come out. When I say "high" it writes "five".
However, I transferred an essay from paper to Word in about half the time that it would take to type, even going back for corrections.

To do this I bought a headset microphone. It reminded me of a forum that I used to be part of. It was called "Paltalk" and it was lot's of fun. You could even go to a video forum, which was even more fun. However that was back in the day with Dialup or DSL and it took a LOT of memory. It would be nice to find something like that again, (as long as it's not like Facebook).

terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Speech recognition Software Empty Re: Speech recognition Software

Post by Resistance is Futile on Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:20 pm

The speech recognition software is not announced but it came with Windows XP-Vista MS Office.

click here for KB article from MS
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 904
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:58 pm

I use MS Outlook as my email program, which by default also uses MS Word, so I can write emails like talking on the phone- well, kinda.
The program is good for someone like me because I am a writer. I write a lot of essays on paper first and then edit them after I put them on the computer. I am a VERY bad typist so this should cut down my editing time.
P.S. I found that PalTalk still exists.
P.P.S. I used SR to write this then copied and pasted it here. I only had to make about 6 corrections. Pretty cool, hug? Wink
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum