Schematics

Go down

Schematics Empty Schematics

Post by Guest on Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:27 pm

A few years back, after paying quite a bit for a hard copy of a schematic set for a radio, I saw cd-rom's being offered on Ebay with libraries of service data. I got one and though it was somewhat lacking in resolution, I could get by with it. When Rickey posted about his efforts with his G724, I thought I would follow with it's schematic on the cd-rom. It was barely legible. I looked for a upgrade for my references, and found a likely dvd-rom being currently offered. I've had it a couple of days now and it is a nice improvement over the earlier set. I wanted to give a reference to the product as I have tried it and know others may have considered getting a modest schematic reference library.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/58-THOUSAND-TUBE-RADIO-SCHEMATICS-NOW-WITH-DIAL-STRGS-/140353198811?pt=Vintage_Electronics_R2&hash=item20adb3dadb

Back to top Go down

Schematics Empty Re: Schematics

Post by terrydec on Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:26 pm

I have a DVD with over 50,000 schematics that I bought on eBay. They are Rider's with an index and dial string reference.

You can also find a lot of good schematics for free at Nostalgia Air. Look under "Resources".
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Eliot Ness on Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:16 pm

I'm a little late with this comment, but the best electronic Riders I have seen are sold by ke3gk on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Riders-Perpetual-Troubleshooters-Manual-Vols-1-23-DVD-/200286574170?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ea202965a

His high resolution scans are simply incredible. All the other electronic scans I've seen pale in comparison. Another area where he excels are on the larger fold-out pages. The others I've seen come come out as two pages, and there is about an inch of info missing in the middle where the two pages should come together. ke3gk used a large bed scanner so those pages come out as as one whole page. Because they are high resolution they come on 4 DVD's but the quality is well worth the price.

While I applaud Nostalgia Air for offering free schematics, a lot of their scans are of the older quality and not nearly as easy to read.

Before you buy any of these ask the vendor to send you a couple of sample pages. Pick one that is a fairly complex one page schematic and one that is a larger fold-out schematic; then you can compare who offers the best scans. Just my two centavos.
Eliot Ness
Eliot Ness

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2009-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum