M.I.T. Flea Market Crystal Radio Demo

View previous topic View next topic Go down

M.I.T. Flea Market Crystal Radio Demo

Post by krystallo on Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:43 pm

Hey All, This Sunday I'll be doing a crystal radio demo at the Mass. Ins. of Technology ham/electronic flea market.
I love going to fleas,they are a lot of fun.

I wanted to get my newest set, the "Beach Baby" done by then, but it ain't gonna happen.Too much other "life" stuff getting in the way right now.

I will demo ,among other sets, a blue razor blade "Foxhole" radio I built using only a knife and candle flame . The coil dope is Wrigleys chewing gum, which gets quite hard after a few weeks.The set works, but the blade detector is a bit touchy.If I was a WW II GI I would have tried to get another detector type, IF I could.

I've got two sets for sale, The "Buzzard-o-phone" and an un named set. Lots of folks love to LOOK at my sets, but selling them off is hard. Not a big deal though.

I play old music through my horn speaker to drum up lookers. A good time is always had .

K

krystallo

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: M.I.T. Flea Market Crystal Radio Demo

Post by oldtimer on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:53 am

I've built many xtal sets mostly in the '50s and 60's. I also used parallel and series tuned ckts to enhance wanted signals or reduce unwanted sigs. Lots of coils and variable caps, but they functioned. OT

oldtimer

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-04-12

Back to top Go down

Post by krystallo on Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:58 am

Hey OT. I sold the Buzzard-o-phone but not the other set.

My high end set for home use is a 660 /46 litz set tuggle type set. LOTS of Dx from that radio!

de K

krystallo

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top