Cards cards cards

Go down

Cards cards cards  Empty Cards cards cards

Post by Ken g on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:16 pm

Why does everything we do anymore involve some sort of g$#@!*#m card Rolling Eyes .. you go to the grocery store and have a little card they swipe to make some of the prices lower , drug store ''do you want a card'' to make your pills cheaper ? . Fred Meyer .. do you have your ''rewards card '' Neutral ... gas card , tire card , costco card , and a card to make your other cards work pale credit cards , debit cards .

I keep asking at these ''do you have your card'' places ... Why dont you just put the lower price on the stuff and do away with all these cards ??? of coarse they dont answer .
I think we could feed half of this planet from the costs of making all these usless cards Surprised

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Cards cards cards  Empty Re: Cards cards cards

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:30 pm

I stopped carrying a wallet 8 years ago. I carry a card case with a window for my drivers license. They have their upsides and downsides. I have cards at work to access non public areas and obtain gas for the van, also. the only businesses that I trade at that ask for cards do so to offer rebates. one other upside is that the case fits in a front pocket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:52 pm

I have to agree Ken, I hate all the cards, there is no way to carry all of them. I also hate waiting in line while the person in from of me tries to find.....you guessed it....their card!

Cards cards cards  Smiley-angry019

Back to top Go down

Post by Nick666 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:58 pm

The cards don't bother me.The thing i can't stand is needing a different pin number/password for everything you do and everything you have. Evil or Very Mad

Nick
Nick666
Nick666

Number of posts : 56
Registration date : 2010-10-22

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:19 am

Ah yes the wonderful world of retail. Of course you all know the stores use that data for marketing. Dillons stores, owned by Kroger, also owns Kwik Shop convenience stores and each $100 in grocery purchases discounts your next fuel purchase 10 cents per gallon. So see they can track you not only in grocery stores but convenience stores.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:42 am

Kroger now owns Fred Meyers and QFC also I believe. So they can see what you spend on what, and can estimate how much you drive, and of course that includes credit card and credit info. Your life isn't a secret, thats why the change from paper money as a primary payment method.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:37 pm

In Hutchinson, KS (pop 40,000) and Newton, KS (pop 20,000) which are towns close to me Walmart and Dillons (Kroger) are the only grocery stores in town. All smaller independents drove out on a rail.

From what you buy on your card the store can determine which aisles you went down, what level on the shelf you bought more of, what days you spend the most.

Invasion of privacy yes but I do find the data fascinating.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:38 pm

If I'm ever offered to "sign up for savings today" at the check-out counter, I always decline. I feel the same way, there are too many cards and besides, I don't need ID theft from giving all my personal info for some b.s. store credit card to save $15 off of a total. Sad
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Resistance is Futile on Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:24 pm

I will accept the card and use it but not fill out the application, because they still can get data and I can remain anonymous if I use cash.
Resistance is Futile
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 921
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:21 pm

I like the cards. It sometimes makes a personal connection between me and the clerk, a connection that carries over to the next visit. I've even made 'friends' that joke around and give me special treatment, which is cool.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:46 pm

Terry ??? whats that about ? what 'special treatment' ?

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 am

Ken g wrote:Terry ??? whats that about ? what 'special treatment' ?

You know- smiles and stuff. clown

terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down