New eBay rules?

Go down

New eBay rules? Empty New eBay rules?

Post by terrydec on Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 pm

I saw this posted on a sale. I just sold an item last month and didn't run into anything like this. I correctly calculated the total weight and sent it Priority instead of Parcel Post, which was what I put in the ad. My shipping cost wound up being slightly less than the calculated fee. Has anyone else had this problem or is the seller just full of it?

Ebay keeps a portion of the money you pay for shipping. In addition PayPal also keeps a portion of the money you pay for shipping. The seller does not receive all of the money you pay for shipping.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1124
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

New eBay rules? Empty Re: New eBay rules?

Post by simplex1040 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:49 pm

Ebay is now taking a portion of the shipping fee you charge.
The reason being was people were charging .99 cents buy it now and $50 shipping to avoid paying ebay final value fees on items. So ebay calculates final value based on price + shipping. They also do not charge you to list anymore if you list less than 50 items a month. Paypal does not take a % of shipping but a % of the total transaction as usualy.
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:01 pm

i know that PayPal takes a percentage. That's how they make money since they don't charge for most other services. Maybe the shipping thing only applies to certain customers. Like I said, I sold a telephone chime last week and shipped it. The shipping was even less than the eBay calculator and I shipped it Priority instead of Parcel Post.
Humm- very strange.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:54 pm

when you get your ebay invoice for the month is when they take it. It is not figured into any shipping calculators. But when Ebay invoices you they will take final value on item price + shipping. So if you sold your chime for $50 + 10.50 priority the invoice you ion a final value of 60.50
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:04 pm

I'll have to wait for the next invoice.
PayPal sends me a notice every month to check my invoice. It's always zero unless I sell something on eBay.
I pay bills, buy stuff, send money, transfer money and even pay my rent each month by putting the money in my landlady's PayPal account. I consider PayPal my second bank.
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down