What other hobbies do you have?

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What other hobbies do you have? - Page 2 Empty Re: What other hobbies do you have?

Post by Dr. Radio on Fri Oct 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Smack dab in the middle of the rust belt Very Happy Nebraska is known for its wonderful extreme weather change "moods" LOL
Dr. Radio
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 910
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

What other hobbies do you have? - Page 2 Empty Re: What other hobbies do you have?

Post by terrydec on Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:56 pm

I'd love to get into model railroading.
terrydec
terrydec

Number of posts : 1126
Registration date : 2010-01-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:05 am

terrydec wrote:I'd love to get into model railroading.

I've joined the Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society;

http://www.cohs.org/

This is a great place to get accurate Locomotives, cars, and buildings for model railroads. Well accurate if you are planing to build a coal mining town. Be prepaired to spend piles of cash!

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:29 pm

MEZLAW wrote:
terrydec wrote:I'd love to get into model railroading.

I've joined the Chesapeake & Ohio Historical Society;

http://www.cohs.org/

This is a great place to get accurate Locomotives, cars, and buildings for model railroads. Well accurate if you are planing to build a coal mining town. Be prepaired to spend piles of cash!

I know, that's one thing keeping me from getting into it. I've checked out some complete sets on eBay. Ouch!
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:53 pm

MEZLAW wrote:I've got a 1966 Galaxie I intend to restore now that I'm somewhat retired. I hate rust too, and get a lot of my sheetmetal parts from the southwest. Where do you live?

Here is a business that I have gotten a few parts for my Ranchero through, I found they also carry used vintage parts also.

http://autokrafters.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:15 pm

They're not to far from me and I do walk-in business with them. I also get a lot from Dennis Carpenter out of N. Carolina, they have a vendor spot across from mine at The All Ford Nationals at Carlisle Pennsylvania.

Back to top Go down

Post by terrydec on Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:15 pm

I forgot this
What other hobbies do you have? - Page 2 Helicopter_002
terrydec
terrydec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:22 pm

I have another hobby that has been hampered a great deal by the demise of Kodachrome. I only managed to get one set of View Master reels made up before Kodachrome 25 dropped off the market. To the left is a Stereo Realist camera atop a viewer. In the center, Realist format slides and to the right a View Master personal camera.

What other hobbies do you have? - Page 2 P1000302x

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:47 pm

INteresting..... It's a shame you can't get camera film anymore.
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 4455
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:12 pm

I believe that Fuji makes a film that in comparable in resolution, but I hear it doesn't have the stability of Kodachrome. I've taken a lot of realist format slides, though, They're fun to go through.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:56 am

I also collect, buy and sell 78's. I have around 2000 of them. Going out Saturday 100 miles one way to check a collection of Edisons, Busy Bees and 1920's labels in 4 big boxes. It has been verified by another collector who bought only 5 discs from the collection...he is very picky on what he buys/collects. I am finally prepared to spend some buck$ and will pay the nice lady far more than what she would get for them if she sent them to a consignment auction.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:12 am

Apparently, my hobby is wrecking computers.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by radioalfa on Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:34 pm

Photography (not as much as I used to), cars, and collecting and/or restoring old things. Most recent restoration was a Stewart horse trimmer from the twenties.
radioalfa
radioalfa

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:08 pm

Well, at least I was able to fix this computer...........
What is a horse trimmer?
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:14 pm

http://www.powerhousemuseum.com/collection/database/?irn=211145

Last edited by MEZLAW on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:17 pm

I hadda ask! I hadda ask!!!!!!!!!
Bill Cahill lol

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:23 pm

I just changed the link to show an antique one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:29 pm

I haven't been to any radio shows.....Yet!!!!.....but here is my home for a few days at Spring Carlisle auto show;

What other hobbies do you have? - Page 2 Eads2008039

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Cahill on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Errr, slightly packed. I'd be clostiphobic.......
Bill Cahill

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Isn't a horse trimmer what they use to make miniature horses? Seriously though thats a nice camper there. I am thinking mid to late 60s? I am not familiar with the make. I have a scotty and a aristocrat. The scotty was a total rebuild I did, all new wood. The Aristocrat I have from what I can tell is a prototype and the only one of its model ever made. I talked to one of the main guys there and he said it was probably that.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:40 pm

Errr, slightly packed. I'd be clostiphobic.......

lol!

Yes it is, space is at a premium and mine is a double space. Each space is 10' X 30'

Back to top Go down

Post by rocketeer on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:14 am

Difficult to post a photo of genealogy (another hobby) so here's a pic of my jeep at a recent fund-raiser car show.

What other hobbies do you have? - Page 2 Beckys2012-2

Larry
rocketeer
rocketeer

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2010-10-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Steve Johnson on Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:21 am

Still related to radios bit I seem to be delving into the world of old soldering irons lately: My Soldering Iron Collection
Steve Johnson
Steve Johnson

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:41 am

Steve, your website is very nice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben Delk on Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:25 pm

I have enjoyed rebuilding antique furniture for years as well as building new furniture. As with all things father time catches up with us and the heavier pieces are just no fun to mess with so radios give me that same passion, just a small size. I found this old rocker on the curb and saw the potential.

https://servimg.com/view/17421296/89
https://servimg.com/view/17421296/91

Last edited by Ben Delk on Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Ben Delk
Ben Delk

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next