Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site?

Go down

Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site? Empty Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site?

Post by willy3486 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:02 am

I am looking for a new photo hosting site. I was using webshots but it has been sold out to American Greetings company. I want something easy and simple to use. I don't need something fancy ,just something I can post pictures to and then be able to link to it. I wish I had never started using webshots as it is one of the worst changes I have seen on the web. The only one worse to me was when MSN did away with the groups. Another plus for one to use would be one that is stable and not prone to changing hands, upgrades that are actually downgrades.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1380
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site? Empty Re: Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site?

Post by Motorola man on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:03 am

I use Photobucket and have had no problems at all.
Dave
Motorola man
Motorola man

Number of posts : 370
Registration date : 2010-02-06

Back to top Go down

Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site? Empty Re: Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site?

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:05 am

I agree on photobucket, I've used them for years and never had a problem.
Photobucket.com is a good solid site!

Larry

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisH664 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:08 am

Yep photobucket is good and so is imageshack.com
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:33 am

I joined it. Not too bad to figure out. Here is a test.

Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site? HPIM7836_zps38cf9c60

Last edited by willy3486 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:44 am

Can anyone recomend a good photo hosting site? 13

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:50 am

As far as photobucket goes is there a way to resize so the picture won't be as big as it is above?

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:00 pm

Yes, the procedure is in photobucket. You can keep the original size and resize to a new file. I can't remeber the steps but if you can't find it I can go back and see what I've done in the past. My photo here was resized and cropped at photo bucket.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:16 pm

ImageShack generates embedding links presized for whatever purpose you need. You just select, copy and paste.

Back to top Go down

Post by Leigh on Sun Oct 14, 2012 8:30 pm

Hobby or commercial? I use Zenfolio.

- Leigh

Leigh

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2012-10-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Ken g on Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:42 pm

On photobuket you load your picture in then click the picture on your album page , run your arrow near the top in the picture and a pull down will appear with the resizing .

Ken g

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2009-01-30

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:39 am

I too like photobucket. When setting up my account with them there was an option for setting the sizing. I set it to the max for posting on forums. I will bring in high rez photos and when it stores them, the are automatically set to that size. I didn't now what Ken suggested but a good idea. Then you can store them at high res and reset when you post them. Maybe? Seems you have the sizing right. Don't mess with anything! Laughing
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down