Collecting Schematics

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Collecting Schematics

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:52 pm

I've been to the Sams website and found many old radio schematics which are in the $15 to $22 range if you download them. They cost more if you have them mailed. I also noticed a minimum 6 month membership of $19.95 per month which allows for 3 schematics per month. That would be a minimum of 18 schematics to take advantage of the lower rate. At this time I can only come up with about 8 schematics I would like to have for existing radios. Are there some models which would be good to have on hand in case I get 3 months into this and don't need anything specific? What do the rest of you do for schematics?

Back to top Go down

Re: Collecting Schematics

Post by Resistance is Futile on Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Have you downloaded Free Bietmans, and Riders Schematics? they cover Radios from 1930s -60s.

http://makearadio.com/beitmans/index.php

http://hertzmail.com/Riders-vols/
Resistance is Futile

Number of posts : 976
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:54 pm

Definitely download the Bietmans and the Riders. I have collected a lot of schematics and my favorite is the riders. I have set 1 through 20 and then the early sams that were out about the time Riders 18 was put out. I have sams up until about the year 1992 and I usually look in the riders first. Keep a eye open at swap meets if you want a hard copy as well. I have seen riders at the meets.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1400
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 pm

I use a cd rom set of schematics that I bought on Ebay a few years ago. I also made the investment in a 1940, 41 and 42 Philco radio year book as their schematics are of such a fine resolution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Radio on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:22 pm

Yes, for goodness sakes, don't buy from the modern SAMS, they'll get rich and you'll get poor quickly.

I get my schematics from either Beitmans or from a gentleman in California who makes high quality copies and enlargements for just a few bucks and mails them-- both SAMs and Riders
Dr. Radio

Number of posts : 937
Registration date : 2012-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:53 pm

I'm sure glad I started this thread.

I did use the link above for Beitmans

Thanks everyone! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by frankb on Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:56 pm

I collect paper, so I literally have a semi tlr. full of schematics.
I got so darned tired of trying to find what I needed, I just started collecting anything schematic/svc. manual wise I could grab.

Resistance is Futile has been the beneficiary of my duplicates and even a schematic for his tube tester he was repairing.

frankb

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2014-09-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top