Meeting Memebers

Go down

Meeting Memebers Empty Meeting Memebers

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:32 am

I'm wondering if any of the members here meet each other at any time. I also belong to a telephone forum and we periodically meet at pre-determined locations for a week-end. This does cost a bit of money to do as it is usually at a hotel with a meeting room and travel costs. With the current economy we are not doing it much.

Back to top Go down

Meeting Memebers Empty Re: Meeting Memebers

Post by willy3486 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:04 am

I have met a few members of the other radio site. I think Spkrman was at a event and I met him. I go to the Music City radio meet in Nashville. I have been to everyone since I have got back into them. Check in your area for meets. Anyone close to Nashville the meet is this weekend.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:32 am

Nashville is a bit too far at such late notice. I wish I took the time to go to Huntington West Virginia this past Saturday.

Back to top Go down

Post by simplex1040 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:50 am

I have met several at the Nashville meet. I can't go this time darn it...
simplex1040
simplex1040

Number of posts : 298
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:28 pm

MEZLAW, trust me, you didn't miss anything at Huntington. I wish I had waited until this weekend and gone to Nashville instead. (But since I went to Huntington, I won't be going to Nashville. Gas is still too darn expensive.)

Let's see, who's here? I've met simplex1040, sprman...Eliot Ness is an old friend of mine...others? Probably, but I can't think of them all right now.
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:47 pm

Guys you don't know what you are going to miss in Nashville. Its the 20th anniversary and I hear its going to be a good one.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:54 pm

Yes, I know what I'll be missing - the Nashville meets are always great! Crying or Very sad But, like I said, I can't justify the gas two weekends in a row, plus motel stays.

Huntington is 4-1/2 hours away, and Nashville is 3 hours away...and the Nashville meet starts at the crack of dawn, and I'm getting too old, too lazy, or both to get up at 3 a.m. and drive 3 hours...

I usually attend the Spring meet there.

willy3486, why haven't I met you at Nashville? Smile I think I know just about everyone there.
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:11 pm

Does anyone have a link to the Nashville meet? How much does a vendor space cost?

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:06 pm

http://www.musiccityvintageradio.org/

Vendor spaces (tables) are $15 each.

MEZLAW, I'm sure you know this, but Nashville is on Central time.
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:52 pm

Ron Ramirez wrote:Yes, I know what I'll be missing - the Nashville meets are always great! Crying or Very sad But, like I said, I can't justify the gas two weekends in a row, plus motel stays.

Huntington is 4-1/2 hours away, and Nashville is 3 hours away...and the Nashville meet starts at the crack of dawn, and I'm getting too old, too lazy, or both to get up at 3 a.m. and drive 3 hours...

I usually attend the Spring meet there.

willy3486, why haven't I met you at Nashville? Smile I think I know just about everyone there.

I went to my first one last spring and have went to each one since. I was the fellow who looks like Stephen King the horror writer. As far as missing it I hate to see anyone not be able to go. The meeting is waaay to early. 6:30 is too early to start. I almost went to the first ones they had 20 years ago. I got invited to go. I had worked on them years ago an remember when it was. I got out of old radios about the time the club started. I think I even have some articles of the club forming.

willy3486

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryhawthorne on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:35 pm

Wish there was some meeting like that in Arizona, nice to meet the half a dozen people out here (OK maybe a full dozen) in our area. Have been in touch with one close to me (50 miles in one direction), very enjoyable. Were in a drought area for radio interest.
Jerry

jerryhawthorne

Number of posts : 701
Registration date : 2012-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ron Ramirez on Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:41 pm

willy3486 wrote:I was the fellow who looks like Stephen King the horror writer.

Okay, yeah, I saw you there this past Spring, but maybe you didn't see me. I am the big, tall, mean-looking guy. Laughing
Ron Ramirez
Ron Ramirez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down