Ohio State marching band tribute to old video games. Fantastic!!

Go down

Ohio State marching band tribute to old video games.  Fantastic!! Empty Ohio State marching band tribute to old video games. Fantastic!!

Post by ChrisH664 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:47 am

http://www.wimp.com/fantastictribute/

So could a guy buy a game ticket and come close to halftime just to watch the marching band and then leave?
I like the tetris part, the running horse and Pac-man towards the end.
Just think a second or three the work involved by all to 1) choreograph this 2) band members to know thier marks 3) play the instruments and read music notes at the same time.
And then next weekend a whole new routine.
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Ohio State marching band tribute to old video games.  Fantastic!! Empty Re: Ohio State marching band tribute to old video games. Fantastic!!

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:09 am

That was great, thanks for the link! I have a soft spot for high school and college bands. My oldest daughter was a member of the Marching Virginians of Virginia Tech.

Back to top Go down

Ohio State marching band tribute to old video games.  Fantastic!! Empty Re: Ohio State marching band tribute to old video games. Fantastic!!

Post by ChrisH664 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Yep. Even a decent high school marching band can get the adrenaline rushing.
I always liked the song "Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac. By incorporating the USC Trojan marching band into the song it set a record for highest number of musicians to perform on a single and got the USC band a platinum record reaching #8.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdLp_DS5a34
ChrisH664
ChrisH664

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2010-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Brian Stroud on Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:57 pm

It's more than fantastic. This is epic! Especially the animated horse! Shocked Marching bands are getting so much better and better each and every time I turn around, I'm amazed by the things they are pulling off these days. There's one that performed the "Party Rock Anthem" last year.

Brian Stroud

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-09-27

Back to top Go down

Post by willy3486 on Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:12 pm

I wasn't in the HS band but my daughter was. She was color guard. I was one of the band parents who helped out. I have seen them march in mud that would suction off shoes. I have seen them practice each day after school, play halftime and all through the Friday game,get to bed at 12:00 only to get up at 4:30 a.m. Saturday to head out to a competiton that they would not get home until about 1 am on Sunday.I really am amazed at this video of all the hard work.

One of my favorite HS bands is one called Pearl Cohn HS.When they played football against our school they brought their band. They pulled the band bus up to the gate. You first heard the band then you saw the head band member, I forgot the title, come out with a baton. Then they all were playing as they got off the bus. They were the most entertaining band I have ever seen. Even our own band were mesmerized and cheering for them. I really am amazed at this video seeing the hard work they had to do.

willy3486

Number of posts : 1392
Registration date : 2011-07-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down