Ford AM/FM Truck Radio

Go down

Ford AM/FM Truck Radio

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:45 am

I got this at the Carlisle Ford show for $5! Very Happy

The wires for the speaker and power were cut very short. I guess the person wanted the connectors so they wouldn't have to splice into the truck wire harness. I haven't had time to check it out but the dial/face looks great, so I'll go through it and install it in one of my trucks.

Back to top Go down

Re: Ford AM/FM Truck Radio

Post by sprman on Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:34 pm

Iremember them should play very well.Jc Whitney should have a nice rod ant for it !Sprman

sprman

Number of posts : 365
Registration date : 2008-03-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 07, 2012 1:12 pm

This has a single power lead which means the dial light will not dim with the rest of the dash lights. I know ford did this on the cheaper AM radios but not on the FM units.

This is a cheaper monural radio with one speaker connection, the one in my 1978 Bronco has left and right speaker connections and a stereo light in the dial

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:39 pm

That's a lucky find. I had found a stereo unit of that vintage for my '79 Ranchero at a Goodwill store for around that much. It had a dealer installed audiovox cassette unit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:07 pm

Goodwill stores have been a good source for a lot of old radios around here, you just have to get there early on Monday mornings before the "antiquers" get there! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down